What Should Titans Do at QB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Jan 15, 2014.

?
  1. Draft a QB

62.5%
  2. Sign a Solid Free Agent QB

9.7%
  3. Fix What We Have, Locker can be the Guy

27.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

yep ride with locker and if he gets hurt again hopefully itll be earlier and we get a top 10 pick next year for a qb or what I think will happen locker gonna shine like benders shiny metal ass freshly turtle waxed

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I think we have to draft a qb considering ours will still not be healthy at the time of the draft. We are going in to the draft with a hurt QB. If for some reason his foot does not heal right and we don't draft our qb, fitz going to be our starter?? I see us drafting a qb in the first or 2nd round at the latest. Webster talked about culture change and the most important position on the team is the qb so I am going to guess that they will be making a move there.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Im hoping that bammer boi is sitting there in the 2nd

would be sweet. An actual QB that lines up under C and drops back in the pocket. Go figure
    Although shirts will be mandatory. Jeeze how drunk was he when he got that tattoo

4. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

I'd say..don't waste #11 on a QB unless Bridgewater falls

Let Locker have one more chance since he showed some signs of life

Draft a darkhorse QB in the later rounds, Aaron Murray or Timmie Chang?

Let Locker have one more chance

5. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

The thing is, in this year's draft, almost every team ahead of us is in need of a franchise QB, unlike those other years

6. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

I'd give Locker another year. Be tempted to offer a year to McCown ; Michael Vick can kiss my arse. Take a QB out of around round three. Send Fitz a postcard .... that ought to do it.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm on the Tajh Boyd train for our 2nd round pick. He doesn't really fit what Whiz type QBs however. My book is still open on Boyd, really want to see what he does under center first.

Other sleepers: Zach Mettenberger & Jimmy Garoppolo. Mettenberger developed into a solid QB, however he just tore his ACL; that scares me. He fits the mold of a Whiz QB. Garoppolo is a small school QB, but has potential to shoot up draft boards like Flacco did. Currently projected as a 3rd rounder, I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up going late 1st. I really want Jimmy G, but still ehhhh on him. Want to see what he does in the shrine game/combine first. Here's a little bit on him:

6'2 222
    45 straight starts
    Senior Year: 5,050 passing yards, 66 C%, 53 TD, & 9 INT
    EIUs head coach is Ex-Baylor OC (that worked w/ RG3)
    From the little i've seen he has quick/fluid feet, extremely quick release, perfect touch, good not great arm.
    No character issues. Leader at EIU.

I could get behind him as our 2nd rounder.

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Well actually I think we should absolutely draft a QB, but not in the first. Locker WILL go down. We just need proper insurance. Let's take a stab at a QB in the second. The worst case scenario is we have a backup/possible trade bait in the future.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If Bortles falls to the 7th I don't see a world we we can avois having to trade up with Tampa to get him. There's no way he makes it past Minnesota and he reminds me to much of Ben Roethlisberger to make me think the Whiz won't be chomping at the bit for him.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

nah, I think the worst case scenario would be us missing on a great, talented prospect, and taking a bust QB with no trade value. It happens.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar