What Should Titans Do at QB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Jan 15, 2014.

?
  1. Draft a QB

62.5%
  2. Sign a Solid Free Agent QB

9.7%
  3. Fix What We Have, Locker can be the Guy

27.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

valid points..but I think they are fully invested in locker being the QB...even if that means holding off on drafting a qb or making big moves toward a free agent. Webster did say Locker would compete for the job. But compete with who? That's a hard one to determine with the new regime. But its clear that Webster likes locker. Gives me the impression he WANTS Jake to be the guy. Hell I do too..but we can't sit back and keep hoping he can be the guy while all the odds are against him either.
    Va

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree with a lot that you say here especially with keep hoping. I see other franchises turn it around with 1 qb while our hope for the last 3 seasons has been on the bench hurt! They won't pick up his extension by may and this will be his last as a Titan. I actually hope we draft Murray and he can compete for starter. I have no problem with Jake being the back up at all.

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I think if Locker stayed healthy and in the same system for a few seasons, he could be a winning quarterback. The guy has the physical tools and the drive to make things happen. Unfortunately,that hasn't happened and his time is running out, if its not already out. Its about time to give up hope, not because he can't be a good qb but just because it hasn't worked out where he could develope in to the QB we need to turn this team around.

4. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

Would anyone be open to...say ...trading our 2nd rd pick for kirk cousins? I think that's what it will take to pry him from washington however I see him as a better prospect than bridgewater and manziel

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Locker this year and either he works out or the Titans draft a QB in 2015's very deep class (Winston, Hundley, Mariota, etc.).

Forcing a QB in the draft this year (when the Titans are already down a 3rd-rounder) would be dumb. I'm fine with getting a guy in the 4th or later, but not before then.

6. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Thing with locker is everybody is going to be new to the offensive system the new coaches are putting in. He will not be able to participate until foot is healed. Yes he can learn playbook and such but with OTA's he will be behind.

7. Rudad

Rudad Starter

And Rusty needs to go . He has had his time as well.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Rusty is gone. Contract ran out and no way we re-sign him with Wilson now here.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well new system or not, just the fact Loggains is gone is a major step in the right direction.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

gonna miss those wr screens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar