What SHOULD happen NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

When you're a coach, you have a plan for re-building and drive that road to the end. But we drove off that road a while ago!!!

There are many people to blame starting with Floyd and Fisher, but we can't fire them right now. But this is what we SHOULD do....

Fire Schwartz....Fisher personally takes over the D and play calls it agressively.

Personell moves...

Offense
    QB - Make all 3 QB's active this game. Collins has the first half to look like a solid QB or he gets benched and Volek becomes the starter (assuming he hasn't been traded). Vince Young is used for a few series and all third and short/red zone. If Volek has been traded, Vince Young plays the second half if KC needs benching.

BTW, KC should have been benched at half time of the last game (or sooner).

Strategy adjustements...
    Force Feed Brown/White/Henry the ball. We have a 3 headed monster at RB...USE IT!!!

Create matchup problems using our best personel...3 WR and troupe and Brown...if they come out in standard 4-3, we run hurry up and force them to play Zone or double the slot WR...leaving 3 mismatches at least in the passing game...our slot vs their OLB, troupe vs an OLB, or Brown vs a MLB. Run hurry up O so they can't change personel or have to blow timeoutes. If they matchup in a nickel D, it is MUCH easier for our RB's to break tackles and they have more room to run! This is not rocket science!!!

Keep in extra blocking on pass plays...when we need it.

Utilize Troupe MORE!

On D, play more man and dictate to the offense. BLITZ!!! Bring back some 46 D packages. Denver basically used this last year with only a couple of variations and beat up a lot of teams with it. Get AGGRESSIVE!!!

Make everyone accountable. You make stupid penalties, you ride the bench. You suck, you ride the bench.

Make sure all CB's can play both inside and outside. Start practicing Woolfolk at FS. Hill and LT will either improve dramatically or be replaced.

Fisher should have a sit down with Hope for ideas...he was the last guy actually ON a top 10 D!!!

I don't care what Volek said to Fisher. If Volek can outplay Collins, he SHOULD start. You can FINE him for comments, but put our best guys on the field, put them in the best position to succeed (Sirmon should NOT be covering Gates), demand accountability and motivate them to play to their potential!

I'm not seeing any of that and until we do, this will be a long, long season!!!

Gut

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont think you're allowed to do that. if you're number three qb(which is volek right now) comes in before the fourth quarter you're not allowed to use any other qb on the roster.

i guess you can technically make vince the number 3 and use him in the fourth, but i think that whole thing is counter productive. we should not be using these games as preseason games. vince needs to be the starter, period.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

you can make all 3 QB's active. the reason they don't is that it keeps you from having another player on the sidelines that can play special teams plus his position.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I like that idea.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Gut is saying to have all active, meaning counting against the 45(?) you can have dressed on gameday and no emergency QB. Basically give the extra QB an ST'ers spot on the roster.

6. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

What needs to happen is:

- Collins be dropped to 3, Volek gets his shot and if he stinks it up then Vince takes over. Yeah yeah, it was garbage time, but lets be real: he's the only QB we got who's looked anywhere remotely good. Plus, his running ability takes some of the pressure off our crap OLine. Fish, I like you man, but c'mon..you ****ed up in the QB area. Time to swollow your pride and admit you goofed and let ego-trip get his shot.

- Hill and Thompson need to be demoted. I would really like to see Fuller and Finnegan get their opportunities. For us to have been so high on Fuller, why isn't he getting any time? Let's see what we got behind those who aren't performing; i.e. the two dread-heads.

- Ben Troupe. I thought the coaching staff was high on this guy and couldn't wait to split him out wide and cause some match-up problems this year. Instead we got the guy blocking and racking up career highs in penalties instead of yards/TD's. Come on guys, let the kid do what he can do best - hurdle mother ****ers for TD's!

- It's time for Fisher to take over the Defensive play calling. Is it me or did Fisher back in the early days have more control over the play calling? Your suposed Genius DC has lost his spark or needs a muse, bottom line he needs SOMETHING.

- We need some more creative blocking schemes, because I don't know how C. Brown could go from the year he had in 04 to being non-existant now with a line that hasn't changed too drastically. I mean the Guards are the same, Mawae is better than Hartwig isn't he? and although the tackles have changed, they're not much of difference from what we saw from Bhop and false start Fred.

- Final area: MLB. Sirmon, your days in the NFL are over buddy. You were good, but your injury has obviously effected you mentally and you were no burner when you were at your best either. It's time to let Tulloch step in. That boy has a fire under his *** and wants to unleash it on opposing RB's. Give 'em a chance, Fisher.

/off soapbox

7. TM

TM Starter

Schwartz=Fisher

I think you can assume that if Schwartz wasn't gameplanning, using the desired personnel or play calling to suit Fisher, then he would be gone.

Fisher is ultimately responsible for this defense. Wasn't he a defensive coach?

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I thought we didn't game plan for the... oh... that was preseason. Sure looked similar, though.:rolleyes:

9. We need to put some pressure on the opposing Qb, the defensive scheme was awful, just 3 pass rushers on 3rd down? that is why we suck in the secondary, what do you expect when you only rush the Qb with 4 linemen? I think we have some talent in the secondary but try to get some man to man coverage to allow to put Bulluck and Thornton in the face of the QB and deflect passes or force some INT with our mid fielder (Vincent Fuller). Yesterday I realize that Reynaldo Hill and Lamont Thompson suck!!!

Get another DB's on the field, make some changes coaches!!!!

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You can not put press on the entire game if the O is not at least giving the D a break. WE had the ball just over a minute of the first quarter. That is absolutely pathetic. It wasn't because our D was not getting stops. We actually held LT to 3.7 a carry well below his career average. They were probably thorugh our D playbook by the end of the second. We did not get a first down till the 2nd and it came on a penalty. Which we followed with a three and out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar