What price would it take for you to trade our 1st round pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Let me hear it.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You have the chart to go by but I think you jack up those numbers based on the top five talent in this year's draft.

3. maximus

maximus Starter

I would take a deal around what the Chargers got for Eli Manning, if we were to trade.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

A proven NFL starter at QB or a top 5 pick with a 3rd rounder. Or a young pro bowler at a position of need.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

John Abraham and a 5th rounder.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

For the #3 overall pick? Would take a much higer pick than a 5th rounder and Abraham.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

we'd swap the #3 and #4, get Abraham and their 5th rounder. Ship Abraham off to the Broncos for their 1st and 3rd. So in essence, we would end up getting the #4 overall, #27(whatever the Broncos pick), Broncos 3rd rounder and Jets 5th rounder. Wishfull thinking though.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If we are talking about trading with the Jets I would assume we would get their #4 pick as well?

I don't exactly agree with Jeff's assumption the values will be inflated. At least not past the 1st pick. Outside of the 1st pick and Bush I'm not sure teams are salivating over these QBs to the extent some think. Neither QB is Eli Manning or Carson Palmer IMO going into the draft. In other words I doubt anyone is going to give up their whole draft for Leinart or Young but maybe for Bush. Even in the case of Bush, he is a RB and not as valuable as a top QB would be.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think the third pick of this draft has a lot more value than any third pick we've seen for quite a while. Honestly, I think anyone in the top five this draft would have been taken at #1 last year.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I disagree sox. I think that Lienhart, and Young both have potiental to put up Plamer and E Manning like numbers in the future and this draft class will be better than next years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar