What Potential Picks Scare You?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd like to add in Greg Hardy from Mississippi, not many people talk about him. Last year he was projected a late 1st rounder but went back for his senior year. In his senior season he had multiple injuries, stress fractures in his foot (metal screws put in) and his left wrist. Plus he had a sub-par combine (4.96 40 and 21 BP reps). I've seen him still in the Late 2nd, i've also seen him in the early 4th. If we do end up taking a CB/LB in the 1st he could be a steal in the 3rd. Only problem is his durability, but is a good player.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

You're my boy Blue! That was f...in' hilarious.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I still gotta go with Dunlap. He has the biggest chance of busting and falling flat. At least JPP has tremendous upside and his biggest knock is the one year wonder thing.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ah...

Thanks!

Freeney is more like Graham with 4.5 speed. Griffen is legit NFL size with very good speed for a DE. Reminds me of Matthews (LB) last draft. He's got the measureables but he's a risk because he never played fulltime. Griffen had very good production for limited playing time, but I don't know how good he's gonna be. Just ask the Jets about Vernon Gholston to see what CAN happen with a great athlete trying to become a great football player. The measureables aren't enough so they are risky. Boom or Bust.

The problem with Wooten is our scheme. We need a dominant pass rusher and he's not it. He's about 280lbs so a team that needs a big run stopping LDE or a team that needs a DE for their 3-4 scheme will like him. He doesn't fit our scheme.

I wouldn't draft a CB who's only good in zone coverage. A dominant pass rusher is MUCH more important. If you have a CB who can play man or zone it's a lot closer - especially if you already have a very good CB on the other side.

JPP is even more raw than Griffen though he tries harder. JPP is an all effort player. The problem is he doesn't have the production. At USF, he had Selvie on the other side so he should have been able to use his freaksih athleticism to dominate. He couldn't. What'd he have...like 6 sacks?

Yes, but Taylor was a much better player. Taylor was a menace against the run and you better not catch it where he can reach you or he'd knock your head off. Like Mays, neither can play man coverage, but Taylor was a much better run defender that Mays.

Gut

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think you take a shot on a Hardy in rnd 4 so the earliest you take the gamble is our comp pick at the end of rnd 3. He was projected as a first rnd pick because he reportedly ran a 4.6. Now that we see he has the same long speed as a whole lot of others, he's not freakishly better. Then scouts ask themselves, if he was so good, why was he a backup for so long? Like Dunlap, he's simply not a high effort player. He'll turn it on for the occasional 3rd down play but that's not enough. He'll ONLY be a steal if he can get with a big time DL coach like Washburn who whips him into shape. He could very well be one of those 3rd rnd picks that gets cut because when faced with the work or slacking, he might chuck his career because it's 'too hard.' He COULD be a Jared Allen type guy, but I think he's VERY risky.

Gut

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Dan Williams.

He didn't impress me that much at UT. I don't think he's the type of dt we will target anyway, but I would worry if we drafted him.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Carlos Dunlap is without question #1 on my list. He's one of those picks that would make me sick, a lot like Leinart would have a few years ago. I think him and Pierre-Paul have bust written all over them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar