What new league will last the test of time

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by 520, Feb 9, 2019.

?
  1. XFL

11.1%
  2. AAF

50.0%
  3. None of em last three years

38.9%
  4. Merger of a few of em

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

i know there’s a few others but I’ll start with AAF and XFL, I’ll add to the poll with the other ones y’all give me.

Any of these leagues a viable long term option? Will we eventually see 2 or more of em merge?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

AAF is ran by real football people and starts before the XFL so by the time the XFL kicks off the AAF will have already tapped into the winter football market.

XFL might work as long as Vince doesnt try to run it like before.

3. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Go Commanders!

David Cobb a rb on the team. Lets see how this turns out tonight.

4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I kind of hope I’m wrong, but I hope 1 of these leagues lasts but I think both will die after a year or two.

World league/NFL Europe had a good run but I really only remember the early 90’s and then the rebranding in the mid 00’s. Until I just looked it up, I really did t know it was a continuous league from 90-07.

World league also had a failed run in the 70’s, USFL didn’t fail until Trump ruined them in year 3, the XFL had a shot but talent was a problem. That’s going to be the problem now too.

I give XFL a better shot because they may pull out some rules gimmicks. That’s kind of why AFL exists. I see AAF as being exactly like NFL but with crappy rosters. Really they both are going to hurt each other by stealing the little talent available and playing their seasons at the same time. AAF may have the better TV deal.

5. JCBRAVE

Does XFL even have a TV deal?

6. JCBRAVE

1 quarter down, surprisingly good so far

7. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

So far so good. Love the fast pace of the game. Think that helps a ton.

8. HurrayTitans!

Not yet. Ole vinny Mac working some deals. Possibly even Facebook. I’d say that’s about the biggest audience you can get as long as they choose to watch.

9. HurrayTitans!

10. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I just think there's not enough certainty for a new league to last...... Top Prospects in no way will pick a smaller league until they clear all kinds of hurdles.. Only thing you're going to see is guys who go undrafted and are trying to 'rebound' back into the NFL scope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar