What needs to be OBLITERATED in order to succeed next season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

You don't remember taking the ball out of the end and then kneeling........I think we actually improved from when Whisenhunt was here.

It was still BAD & agree it needs to be fixed. However, Whisenhunt fielded the worst ST group I can remember in recent years. At least we didn't have a bunch of turn overs this year. I cannot remember how many fumbles, muffs, and set backs we had with Whis...........I know it was the worst.

It is a place that needs a lot of attention though; I agree with that.

2. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Secondary, and then in a distant second......receivers, but its not even close

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. kenny

kenny Starter

Darius Reynaud or something like that was the returner........or maybe it was Andrews that drew a safety by taking the ball out, back in the end, & kneeling......

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Wasn't that the first play on opening day or something like that?
    I knew it was a bad start....and it went downhill from there.

5. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No. Nada. Zero.

Time for the NEW Titans to break some OLDAZZ habits.

6. kenny

kenny Starter

Come to think of it, it was the very first play of the opening game!! And you are absolutely right! It went WAY downhill from there.....

Only positive is now there is no Whis in TN!! LOL

7. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

I strongly suspect Mariota is not allowed to change plays at the LOS. As everyone has seen, on 3rd and short too often we run into the teeth of an obviously stacked D. I have to believe Mariota can see that. Mularkey likes to create matchups to our advantage, but running against a stacked D is certainly not to our advantage...

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

:facepalm:

[​IMG]

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I am curious what Pittsburg's defense did under Lebeau... assuming he ever had ****** DBs, of course.

Seems like something common here, even through multiple DCs.

10. kenny

kenny Starter

I LOVE LeBeau......He is just a great person & defensive mind. However, he does not like to play rookie CBs. I seriously wonder if he will be back.

I know one thing is for sure; there absolutely NEEDS to be at the least 2 new starters at CB. I do not care if they are experienced or not; we MUST be willing to play the guy with the best skill set. I do not feel we did that this year. Blake was plain HORRIBLE. Sims was not great, but he was better than Blake IMO. He should've been starting MUCH sooner in my mind. I wonder how much of that was LeBeau not wanting to play a rookie. Mularkey was all about Blake as well though. I laughed my arse off hearing Mularkey refer to Blake as a "Game Wrecker".......LOL

Yea, sure; for the other team!!!

In any event we will HAVE to rely on some youth in the Secondary this year beyond Byard. I do not know if it is more Mularkey or LeBeau against youth at CB. I know Mularkey has said, "We will play the more experienced man at CB." He may have saidthat as he knows LeBeau wants that......

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar