What is wrong with me..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryan, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Ok I am being serious here so I don't want this to turn into a thread that just gets filled up with a bunch of jokes and stuff. Ever since I was 14 I've had this weird problem.. I get nervous for no reason. And I don't mean just nervous I mean like I feel like I'm in some kind of dream and everything feels weird around me.. My whole body gets numb and I start breathing weird and cant calm myself down. When it happens I just lay down and go to sleep because I always think that its just that I'm tired and I'm over exerting myself. I have never told anyone about this because If I think about it , it happens. I can't sleep at night at all. I lay there and just cant sleep , I get all hot , and bam there it goes. That feeling again. I really cant explain what it is but its scary. Its been 4 years since I've had this. Obviously it's nothing really serious because if it was It would of killed me by now. If anyone knows what it is please tell me what it is so I can go get myself checked. I'm going to try and sleep right now so I'll check tomorrow to see if anyone responded. And remember I'm being dead serious about this so please don't say stuff like "You probably miss Ted Ginn" :irked:

-Ryan

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Serious answer, you are experiencing anxiety attacks. You need to speak with your primary care physician as soon as possible and get a prescription for zoloft and/or xanax to medically calm yourself down. It happens to a lot of people when they are experiencing changes that their mind isn't ready to handle just yet. When I graduated from high school and was entering college, I started having anxiety attacks and would think that I was having a heart attack. When I finally told someone about my problem, I felt much better.

Some doctors are less enlightened than others, so don't stop until you get something to help you deal with the anxiety and sleeplessness.

3. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Is this something that I will have to live with my whole life? I really don't want to be taking pills until I die. I mean if its what I gotta do then I'm going to do it.. I just cant stand this anymore. I'm sick of letting it control my life. It's not going to anymore either. Now that I know what it is I'm going to get it taken care of. I already waited far too long to even tell someone about it. I didn't want to tell my parents because I didn't want something to be wrong with me. I wanted it to go away on its own.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

That is a panic attack, braddah. It's psychosomatic--things that your emotional mind is dealing with makes your body react (psycho:mind, soma:body).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_attack

My mom and one of my friends suffers from this. In their case, a lot of it comes from a sense of impending doom from a life badly managed. You are too young for that, but you may have some personal/family trauma that you haven't resolved that creates fear in you...fear that your body feels. Your body then tries to defend itself from harm:

It's either that, or you probably miss Ted Ginn :))

5. avvie

oops...we all posted at the same time

With all due respect, I do NOT suggest drugs as the primary treatment. It can make things worse also.

6. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

You know.. The first time it ever happened to me I pulled an all nighter for the first time with my friend playing some game and we went to go to this girls house at 6am and knocked on the door and when she opened it I instantly felt this rush of energy go through me and I felt numb and it scared the crap out of me. Ever since I've just been afraid of it coming back and it has. It comes sometimes then other times it just doesn't. Could worrying about it actually make me have it?

Ive always been the kind of person who gets nervous about dumb things but nothing like it is now.

"Ryan do you want to go do something"

"Do something? What do you mean? Go somewhere? How long are we going to be there? When are we leaving? What are we going to do?"

I HATE that. I never used to be like that.

This crap has taken over me like the symbiote on Spiderman.

I just wish I could "pull it off" and go back and put on my red suite.

7. avvie

Yes...that's exactly how it works.

Do you know why alcoholics and addicts become what they are?
    It's because they cannot handle fear.....so badly in fact that they often don't even recognize what they feel as being fear.
    Part of the treatment for drugs and alcohol is learning to recognize fear and learning how to deal with it so that drinking or drugging it away isn't necessary.
    Many stories cite girl-nervousness (or boy-nerves, whatever) as being the beginning of their problem.

8. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

So basically if I stop worrying about it all time it wont happen? Usually... When it happens now. I sit there for a minute and just hold my head and just say out loud.. I'm fine. This has happened tons of times and every single time it goes away and I feel normal again.

9. avvie

BTW, I get mild panic attacks now also, but for different reasons: it happens when I swim too far from shore, and we call it "shark panic". That's the good kind ;) ...I get out of the water FAST when it happens.

10. avvie

Yeah, it can be that simple, if you are able to recognize the fear and realise that it's silly or irrational. Like the article says, you're not "sick"--your body is making sure that you stay well, when you can't see the reason why.

Boy, that's a tough thought to verbalise...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar