What is with this vile reporting?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, I actually heard the same thing from Mike Florio on NFL Radio early this morning while driving to Chicago. He was taking the Christmas Card and using it as his main evidence as to why he thought Fisher was done...listening to him talk it became obvious to me that he thought the card was REAL and sent from BA...

2. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

I am actually starting to believe that some of you get paid a dollar for every douche-y post you make. Sigh.

Cheesehead, in this day and age, I think people are so desperate to "scoop" something that they run with freaking anything.

3. CheeseheadTitan

I agree with that....in ALL media reporting. Off the subject for a second, I think it is absolutely HILARIOUS how the media is playing up the Favre retirement (acting like it is a drama as to whether he comes back), when to alot of folks who watched him this year it is OBVIOUS that he is done. But, anything that can be done to keep the "fire" burning on a story....heck, that is the marketing strategy of 24 hour cable news....

4. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

What amazes me is how he manages to dominate the podium after games he doesn't FREAKING play in...

5. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Originally Posted by chamgel2
    If VY is let go too, then the backlash will not be bad. Right now it looks like the owner is choosing an immature baby QB over a hall of fame head coach, that will never sit well.

FIXED IT!!!

6. CheeseheadTitan

Agree with that...it gets old after a while. Folks up here, believe it or not, are absolutely sick of him (which is amazing given the sheer worship he enjoyed for all of those years).

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I wasn't making an argument. I just said "I wonder what Fisher's (record against playoff teams) is."

A few years ago, I read "The Paolantonio Report" where he takes a look at the most overrated/underrated players, teams, coaches, and moments in NFL history. He had Fisher as one of the most overrated coaches of all time. At that time, I believe Fisher had around a .350 win percentage against teams with winning records. That is horrendous.

8. The Toddster

The Toddster New Guy from Lurkerville

If we ignore 75% of VY's games, then he only has a .333 winning percentage!!! CUT HIM!

9. CheeseheadTitan

Oh joy....another attempt at opening up the discussion a bit that is lurching back into our old familiar territory of VY vs. Fisher...

On to next thread...I wonder how it gets pushed into the same territory???

10. The Toddster

The Toddster New Guy from Lurkerville

Is there a special category for the Fish? I think that 17 years of "Bad enough to never go anywhere in the post-season; good enough to keep your job" deserves something. Maybe "most 8-8 seasons." Not every coach can reach the exact same record 5 times in 16 seasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar