What is Jaworski's Deal?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by skitch, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Most people felt Young should not step on the field his rookie season. With the exception of a couple of packages where his running ability comes into play, I think that remains the case.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why would they change now?

Both those guys didn't like young from the start anbd they certainly are not going to change before the season starts.

I know they both like kelly clemens and jaws is absolutely in love with the guy and vince young outplayed him. Clemens threw 3 ints and had a preseason passing rating of 54, 15 points lower than young.

This year basically what i would expect from young is that he complete 50% of his passes, have more TDs running and passing than turnovers(fumbles and ints). If he can do both those things he can be effective because he is going to give us 3 first downs with his legs.. Isn't that what he has done? Isn't that all micheal vick still does and he is a 6th year player.

Based on many of these so called experts #10 wasn't supposed to even take a snap, understand an NFL offense, or have any idea at all what to do. Well he has done much more than that. This guy moves the team and gets first downs when he has been in there. He is a leader, has amazing poise for a rookie and will dominate some games with his legs.

Funny, i thought this negative sterotyping of an athletic running back QB was over after mcnair, mcnabb, culpepper and vick. I guess not...

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Go back and look at the original post.
    It is not about whether VY is ready or not. It is about the guy screaming and yelling unlike he has ever done before. I hope VY does NOT play, if that is what will help his future. No. He is not ready as far as an NFL "textbook" QB, nor is he ready to "make the reads". I don't dispute any of that. That was not the point. It was how "Jaws" went about it.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Jaws always scream and yell about everything. So what

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Decision making has been a strong point...

Execution has been the bigger problem on his end and others. Like missing a wide open bennett or hitting the open williams deep but williams not catching it. The bottom line is that he threw the ball to the right guy.

I don't see a lot of glaring mistakes in decison making by young. The regular season will see more complcated coverages and more blitzing which is why he won't start but don't talk about the guy like he is a retarded child. Micheal vick isn't that much better and he went to the pro bowl last season.

That one sack he avoided against greenbay speaks volumes about what this guy is about. A 260 lb end had a point black shot at him and vince did nothing to avoid the guy. Flipped the guy off like he would a child as he held the ball up away, calmly took a couple of steps to his right and completed a first down pass. Even the most adrenaline producing moments show this guy completely calm and aware. Just like the rose bowls against USC and michigan. This guy is big game!

Vince young will be a super star in this league.

7. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

Jaworski was polite compared to Hoge. I actually got pissed off watching Hoge. I usually don't give a damn what the media has to say but Hoge's opening words were and I quote "what you are seeing is the dismantling of a franchise with this pick".
    I've never seen a critique like that on any player any where at any time. He showed only the over throw of Bennett. But he basically said that VY was gonna be a complete bust.

Vince Young looks to be further along right now than McNair was when he was a rookie. That much is certain.

8. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

I think alot of this is emotion for Jaworski as well. He is still obviously fuming over the fact that the eagles replaced him in certain situations with Cunningham.

I everyone knew/knows that Vince Young is a 2 year project. What's the big deal. His progress should be a non-story for Hoge and Jaworski.

At bare minimum Young will be Mike Vick.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jaws on kellen clemons...

Thanks gunny it is important to remember the name correctly when we bash jaws over the head with his failures..

When the jets picked clemons in rd 2 jaws was so excited he was ready to pee himself. They ran some impressive footage(Don't they on every player?) and you would have thought that he, clemons was unitas and montana combined! What a moron!

Mel kiper had the most reasonable approach to young. Kiper who had lienart 2nd and young 3rd among all players understood young's potential problems but also saw the ability and leadership that makes players into stars.

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Not like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar