What if Jarrett slips?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by User Name, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User Name

User Name Hot Dog Water

Lets just say at his pro day he runs in the 4.7 - 4.8 range and slips to our pick in the second. Do we want him?

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Heck Yeah, but even if he runs that slow he wont fall that far.

3. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Jarrett was very productive in college, I wouldn't mind taking him.

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I'd be very surprised if he fell to the second, I'd take him there if he did (unless of course we had already taken a WR in round 1)

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If he is that slow he can't even beat our TEs in a race. Think he is going to get seperation against 4.4 NFL CBs?

6. Crash Override

40 time is over rated, Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 about, think he got seperation from NFL Cbs?

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I think Jarrett probably drops to round 2 for 2 reasons. First, he's immature. Even a team asking about how a CB in the draft blanketed him gets up his ire with him saying that he was hurt and just used as a decoy. True or not, that's not a good sign. Additionally, he's a bad run blocker and for someone his size to be BAD at run blocking implies little effort when the play is not about him.

Secondly, there's a rumor he didn't run at the combine because he hasn't broken a 4.62 at his private workout facility....NOT GOOD. There may some truth to this as he told one team he was hurt on one side of his body and couldn't run, then got caught telling another team the opposite. He has excellent hands, but so does Rice and some are predicting he'll drop into the 2nd round at least.

Depending on how he runs and works out and interviews, I might take a shot at him in round 2, but more likely I'd rather get defensive starters in the top of the draft (DE,DT,LB,S, or CB) as we can sign a free agent or 2 and not worry about the WR core (except for depth).

And if not for the Cincinatti Bengals, we'd be looked at as the team of thugs. I think they may choose a guy who says AND does all the right things. Where Jarrett is regarding that is anyone's guess, but I'm not thrilled with what I'm hearing so far and the comparisons to MW will obviously be made.

Gut

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I think Jerry Rice ran in the 4.6's but he doesn't lose anything in translating that speed. In fact, he's got great quickness, acceleration, body control, route running, and hands with a big heart and fantastic determination.

Jarrett is tall, has great hands, and good body control. We'll have to see about the rest...but bigger WR's with great hands can not only play, but excel in the NFL with 4.6 speed...but you need a lot more traits to succeed.....so you're more of a risk.

Gut

9. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

Jarrett is a great WR, but he is also an immature egotistical T.O.-like player. I forsee future problems with team chemistry for any team with Jarrett. I hope we stay away, or Jarrett grows up real fast.

10. Crash Override

Yeah but I think Jarrett has the tools to be a great WR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar