What good is a ticked off Billy Volek?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree completly, although I think McNair was complicete (sp) in his own departure.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Where did Fisher say he was pulling Pillar?

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Here's what I read about Collins.

Nash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I guess we can let the info out that Collins rented a house in Forest Hills 3 months ago, so maybe this was in the works a while back.. "

Bongo59

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And for those non believers...............Nash told me this by PM three months ago and I did confirm its truth.............I was told to read nothing into it.................."

4. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

I can see Volek as the MVP of the CFL,
    I can totally see it! :lol:

5. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Your wrong, IMO if BV had a little bit of time in the pocket, he'd be putting together successful drives, BV Is NOT a mobile QB, he's a pocket passer, and is pretty accurate given the time to look off a few DBs.. I agree with Bipolar I really thought or at least wanted BV to come in and kick *** and get his stock up to move on when Vince took over, he's been a loyal Backup to this organization, he's stayed when he's had oppertunities to bolt.. he's served his time and I hate to see it go like this.. Protect Volek and let him do what HE'S GOOD AT not what #9 and Vince do so well... thats not his style of play.. now instead of trying to protect our QB we bring in (vomiting in my mouth) Collins and figuring well who ever can take the most punishment and complete some passes wins... It sucks, it's a bad way to treat our guys.. and it's becoming more obvious every year.. I wonder if the competition will make one rise to the occasion... either way, no matter what the FO says, it's panic mode...

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I feel for Volek but it appears he has been given every opportunity to prove himself and the coaches are simply not satisfied. I agree that the lack of a running game and terrible blocking by the OL didn't help the situation but the coaches should know if Volek was making the right reads and missing open WRs. Collins might not be an upgrade but he is worth a shot IMO. Anything we get for Volek now will be a present.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar