What good is a ticked off Billy Volek?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I think Billy wants to throw the ball long. two reasons why it isn't working

#2 The OL is not giving him time
    #1 Chow doesn't want to

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Neither do I. Especially when other duds are still starting when they shouldnt be.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

We don't know what's been said to him off the record, but I don't know why he's so pissed.

BV is a nice guy, but I don't think he has the ego you need to be a starting QB in the NFL. He dosen't have that cocky swagger, the "this is my team" attitude. I heard him say on Titans All-Access that he is just a cog in the machine. That view won't make it. He has to exude leadership, and not be afraid of competition.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I believe there are 3 reasons KC is here.

1. Chow-ball isn't working for BV and BV isn't working for Chow-Ball. I don't know if it is talent or desire, but no way has BV done as well under Chow as he did under "Dinger". I believe Fisher recognizes this also. How many TD drives has BV put together under Chow?
    2. I don't believe the players respect BV as much as they do VY. IMO, they appear to play harder for Vince. I believe Fisher thinks they will respect KC more.
    3. With KC here, we can shop BV and maybe get OL or DL help. With a better line, I guarantee you there won't be any noticeable difference between BV and KC. This gives BV a chance at landing a starting job without an immediate successor in the wings.

I like BV, but not really because of his play. He has always frustrated me because he just can't seem to get it in the end zone. I like BV just because he told Rosenturd to 'SHUT UP' to the press last year about the trade issue and he had a good run of "deep balls" to Bennett 2 years ago under Dinger. He really hasn't done much lately. I wish we had traded him to the Jets when Pennington went down last year. We would have probably had another 2nd round pick this year.

The only reason I didn't like KC is because I felt like we were settling for left-overs no other team wanted. Now, I believe his experience is exactly what we need to execute Chow-ball. I know he can't score less TD's than BV has so I'm all behind giving him a try. And if it brings out the best in BV- that's great too.

Anyway, for some strange reason, I am particularly optimistic about KC being here.

[​IMG]

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

If people think BV is slow just wait and see how slow KC is. The OL will get all 3 QB's killed

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Maybe 2, but I think an unleashed VY can fend for himself.

I have hope that a re-shuffled O-line will fare better in the reqular season.

Keep hope alive...

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I am as well. I've been really quiet about it. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He'll be traded before that happens. :rolleyes:

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

well lets see, why did the raiders keep KC for a year and bring in moss, FOR THE LONG BALL, so tell me, why is KC is Tennessee????????:rolleyes: :grrr: :irked:

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

oh yeah and i forgot, billy should be pissed, he came in and did better than mcnair 2 yrs ago with bennett, the bring mcnair back, get owned, and now KC, so, when does Volek get to show hes got talent again???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar