what floyd might do!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by steveo, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

Whatever he does, hopefully it is the right decision

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and chances are it might not be a "fan favorite"
    nor will it be who we think it will be

when was the last time Floyd took someone we all "knew" he would take ?

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

umm.. last year? Everyone knew it was Pac or Rolle

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There was also Mike Williams.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

really Vig? there was alot of talk about Aaron Rodgers / Mike Williams / DJ

and saying everyone knew it was this guy or that guy guy says noone knew

nice try though

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Aaron Rodgers? Wtf, hell no, show me anyone who thought we would draft him.

And true some people speculated about Mike Williams because of Chow, but how many seriously thought we would draft him? I sure didn't.

Derrick Johnson was a posibility I agree, but that means there were 3 real candidates in my book, not exactly as overwhelming as it is this year.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Be careful what you ask for. I read some mock last year that said the Titans were going to take him and I was pretty much convinced. That was before I ever started posting my brain droppings on the internet though so that might be no count. I don't really claim to to much of anything so there's another strike. But I am someone...so technically that makes me pretty much anyone...
    In any case, I thought they would take Rodgers. I was actually surprised to see him go so late.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there were several mocks having us take Alex Smith one week and then Aaron Rodgers the next
    there were some MW's
    Rolle's
    Ferguson's
    etc.....

it wasn't as clear cut as you think

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Upon further review, I won a bet that we'd take a TE first in 2004. But I don't think we "all" thought that way. At least not the guy I was betting against. I guessed it was Troupe in the end for the freakishness, but I thought Watson was running pretty close. I nailed it, but not the Texans trade scenario.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

In last year's mocks, Jones became the pick the majority of the time. Rolle was second. Seemed like the need for a corner was too glaring.

BTW, I thought we would go after Mike Williams. Upon further review, I strongly hoped we would. In that little pre-draft contest we had, pick the player and position by round (that was fun, hope we do it again, Jeff) I ended up guessing corner, but I went with Rolle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar