What exactly comprises a "DIEHARD" fan?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by flamehead2, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

34-5 Steelers. I am still here.
    Mike Renfro. I am still here.
    Lester Hayes. I am still here.
    34-10 Broncos. I am still here.
    17-10 Buffalo. Yep. Still here.
    26-23 Steelers. Still around
    41-14 Bengals. How did this happen.I'll stick it out.
    Elway. Yep. It was 4th and forever. Still ticking.
    The Mother of all comebacks. I was in Buffalo at the time. Still here.
    Montana. Still here.
    Moved to Memphis. Still with ya.
    Moved to Nashville. Still here.
    1 Yard short. Yep. On a respirator, but still alive.
    Ray Lewis. Demoralizing. Still here.
    The Fumbles. Still here.
    Drew Bennett drop. Still here.
    Vince Young. I believe, he's the one.

2. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

You're definately a diehard!

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

sounds like he will die hard.

4. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

Amen!

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

This post was taken from another board under the same topic - post #1

Before you post in here, take the time to think about what it means to be a true and loyal "Diehard." Diehards don't just give up on their team because they're suffering a bad year. Diehards always believe in a better tomorrow. Diehards know that you can't be a winner every single year. Diehards stick around thru the rebuilding years, and don't just pop up when the sunshine and rainbows appear. And, they definitely don't disappear when the storms surface. It's OK to be mad at your team or certain players, or play calling, or refs, or whatever. But, you never call out your team or your coach, you never call out for their firing or benching or trade. You always want to win, but you can hold your head up high in the losses and find the positives and build upon it, rather than focusing on the negatives to destroy the team and their confidence even further. You always want to win, not lose just for a better draft position. There is so much more to being a diehard. If you are, then this is the place to post it, to show your loyalty thru rough waters, and to add whatever you think it means to be a diehard.....

I am a true Titan diehard. I may not live in TN, but I was born and raised there. I know Titan football, and their fans. I recently located here to the PHX valley where I made a commitment to follow the Cardinals, while at the same time, not neglecting my loyalship to the Titans. That in itself has prepared me for the losses, no doubt. How would you Titan diehards feel if you gave the very worst team in the NFL their only 2 wins of the season??? It's a horrible feeling, but you still stick by your team with faith, hope, and love. No matter what. I watch every single game the Titans play down to the last tick of the clock. I am at the Cardinals home games, so I tivo the Titans and check them out Sunday night or whenever win or lose. My Cardinal friends thru the tailgates and the south end zone have labeled me a diehard, even though a newbie. But, to them I am known as "Titan." I also have Rocky Top spirit ringing loud and proud down here.

If you are truly a Diehard, then post it here. I and I'm sure others would love to see how many true and loyal diehards are out there. How are you coping with the misery. Misery loves company, so say it loud!!!

If any moderators are reading this, maybe you think that this thread is worthy of getting a "sticky." That way it stays at the top for all to see what it means to be a true diehard, and what the Titan fans have to prepare themself for in this grim reality of rebuilding times.

Fire away DIEHARDS

We're fans. We are not guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier. I hate football on Tivo and I'd rather be at home watching the Titans than tailgatin' in front of Sun Devil Stadium where the bleachers are empty as far as the eye can see.

I've got my psl's and I make all my games. I have an personalized authentic jersey and I've painted my face for games. I've traveled to road games. I stay until the end. I don't know about this rank and file communist crap.

Swartzie still sucks. GoT has convinced me of it.
    Sorry. I guess I'm just a bad fan Red Bird man.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Is being a diehard Titans fan the same thing as being a diehard football fan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar