What does your draft board look like?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Thefreak, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

As we get closer to the draft teams start to really move players around on their draft boards. I was curious to see who do people want us to draft and where they would be happy acquiring them.

For example I see a lot of people complaining about draft Hubbard with our 1st pick but would these same people be upset if we acquired him in the 2nd round?

What I want to see is who do you want and where do you grade them. After the 2nd round I might have been generous with what round they might ultimately get drafted but I would be okay with another William Hayes pick where we get our guy but the draft pundits didn’t even think he would get drafted. I focused almost exclusively on defensive players and positions. Also these are the guys that I think fit our team the best. Some are value picks as they are too good to pass up where we are and others are just what we were looking for.

As I catch up with more scouting I might add some guys and move them up and down but we should be good with any of these guys. The highlighted players are guys that I love.

For me I would be stoked with any of the following players

1st:
    Maurice Hurst, Harold Landry, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Marcus Davenport, Jaire Alexander or Josh Jackson.

2nd:
    Rashaan Evans, Josh Sweat, Will Hernandez, Isaiah Wynn, Taven Bryan, Lorenzo Carter, James Washington, Malik Jefferson, or Justin Reed,

3rd:
    Sam Hubbard, Hercules Mata’afa, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, P.J. Hall, Tim Settle, Poona Ford, Billy Price, Frank Ragnow, B.J. Hill, Nathan Shepherd, James Daniels, or Arden Key,

4th:
    Shaquem Griffin, Nyheim Hines, Deshon Elliot, Mikah Kiser, Oren Burks, Kyle Lauletta or anyone from the above rounds that dropped.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

My goal is to have my top fives done by the end of the week.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

First year i havent been obsessed with scouting. Maybe its because we finally arent in top ten lol.

I love that were in position to take bpa. So ill just sit back and let this year be a surprise.

• High Five High Five x 6
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I’m having a hard time getting excited about any of the players likely to fall to 25. I guess years of top ten picks have spoiled me.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I finally got around to watching the RBs this year. What an underwhelming group. I don't see the hype with this class. It's just a bunch of space runners who go down on first contact. No one wants to block. No one catches the ball out of the backfield.

Barkley is the obvious first rounder. Other than him? No one should go in the first. There are two guys I'd be interested in other than Barkley, but they'll be gone by the time our second pick rolls around.

Even Barkley is overrated a little. I think he'll be very good, maybe even great, but his image is benefiting from the scattered opinions on the QB class. I don't think his vision is great. He regularly runs up his offensive line's ass, does this 360 spin while going down, and loses a yard in the process. You don't have any power with your back to the line of scrimmage. I don't think he's a particularly powerful runner. He is an incredible athlete though.

I like Mark Walton as a runner, but damn, leaving him in to block is like playing with 10 guys.

#5 Fry, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Honestly, if we stay at 25, I’m beginning to think we might as well just take the damn center if he’s still there, or the guard from UTEP. At least I’m confident those will be good to elite players at their positions, albeit less important ones.

I really want an edge rusher or ilb. But I don’t see any of these guys being mocked to us being worth much. At BEST we get a Derrick Morgan 2.0. Solid. Unspectacular. Meh.

I’m really hoping Evans falls to us. If not that, take a roll of the dice on Vander esch and his medical problems.

Landry? The guy from Ohio state? I don’t see anything at all special there whatsoever.

Most poverty first round I can recall in a while. Last years class was much better.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. 615nick

615nick Starter

1st: james, vea, r.smith, edmunds, payne, davenport, nelson, chubb or trade
    2nd: sweat, Jefferson, Hernandez, one of the top c, hubbard, carter, bryan, evans, lve, fitzpatrick, ried, hurst or trade
    3rd: okoronkwo, key, hercules, gaulden, griffen
    Late: k.mckenzie, that rugby guy

I didn't list any wrs, rb, te, ot, qbs or cbs..but, i do like some of these guys too. I just don't think we should draft any of them unless they drop a full round according to thier grade. Im also very supportive of moving back in round 1 especially or moving later picks for established vets.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

Here's a few different scenarios. My preference would be the one on left as we get some serious talent there but doubt the board falls to allow this. It also addresses every need but safety which can be addressed with a 1 yr deal from a cut veteran player. With all of the interior guys we brought in I don't think we will draft anyone unless its with the 5th or 6th pick.

1st - Evans (ILB) Landry (OLB), Payne (DT)
    2nd - Hubbard (OLB) M. Jefferson (ILB) Sweat (OLB)
    3rd - Chark (WR) Bates (SS) Leonard (ILB)
    4th - Griffin (LB) Hines (RB) Pettis (WR)
    5th - Jones (DT) Fountain (WR) Kelly (RB)
    6th - Edmonds (RB). Fumagali (TE). Fant (CB)

Here's my list of Titans needs in order:
    OLB
    ILB
    SS
    WR
    DT
    RB
    G/C
    CB
    TE

9. Carp

Carp Starter

1st:
    Roquan Smith, Harold Landry, Quentin Nelson, Leighton Vander Esch, Tremaine Edmunds, Marcus Davenport, Denzel Ward, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson, Ronnie Harrison, Maurice Hurst, Rashaan Evans, Will Hernandez, Taven Bryan, Derwin James, Vita Vea, Daron Payne

2nd:
    Sam Hubbard, Frank Ragnow, Isaiah Wynn, Malik Jefferson, Justin Reed, Obgonnia Okoronkwo, James Daniels, Arden Key, Uchenna Nwosu, Billy Price, Terrell Edmunds, Micah Kiser, Darius Leonard, Lorenzo Carter, Mike Hughes, Isaiah Oliver, Josh Sweat

3rd:
    PJ Hall, Rasheem Green, Josey Jewell, Harrison Phillips, Tim Settle, Poona Ford, B.J. Hill, Deon Cain, Trequan Smith, James Washington, Keke Coutee, Shaquem Griffin, Wyatt Teller, Dorance Armstrong Jr.

10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

1- Josh Sweat or Rashaan Evans

2- Justin Reid Safety Stanford or Frank “the tank” Ragnow Center

3- Dante Pettis Washington WR (won’t last this long but still) a WR or BA Tight End

4- LB or DE whatever we didn’t pick prior

5- Guard / Center

Rest load up on DE, LB depth

#10 dtm586, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar