What do you think of Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jessestylex, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Bills should be drafting a QB, they will be in the top 3. I dont see Fitzpatrick settling for a backup spot. Should Tn try and get him? He has a good arm and averages a lot of yards with no real weapons.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

always moving my threads.

3. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

You have got to be kidding me. Have we really got to the point that we are so against young that you would rather have Fitzpatrick as our starter?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Section334

Section334 Tha Masta of Disasta

I dont think that is what he is trying to say here, but it would not be a bad move. Fitzpatrick has shown a lot of upside and I do not see Buffalo getting rid of him. I am a Vince fan, but just imagine how far behind Vince is set back with the surgery and time off the field. Fitzpatrick would definately be some good competition for Vince when he comes back, and Fitzpatrick did turn something out of nothing. And our receivers have been nothing for 6-7 years now.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Another good thread by Jesse IMO.

I've thought about him too, but I think he's done enough that Buffalo can't let him go. Any QB that can compete against the Steelers and thrash the Ravens defense should be sought after.

He'd be far and away the best QB on our active roster right now with VY on IR... it's looking like time to part ways with Vince, although I actually appreciate his disgust with Fisher, honestly. It shows he does care... and does want to be out there at any time.

Fisher is almost useless with any players. He is completely useless without VY. If we have to choose one or the other, I want Vince to stay, dammit. Fisher should've been gone years ago.

"**** you, Fisher. I saved your ****ing job twice." - what I hope VY told Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not as far back as you probably believe.

7. KelvisKblam

KelvisKblam TITANic Nerd

Based on what I've seen of Fitzpatrick this season (which admittedly is mostly Sportscenter highlights and stats), and given what he's accomplished with very few weapons, I would gladly take him as an upgrade for the Titans. However I don't know that Buffalo will part ways with him, even if they do draft a QB.

At this point I am pretty ambivalent about VY. After the Washington game I kind of gave up on him (despite the fact that I wanted him to succeed and supported him for a long time) and thought it was time for the organization to move on. However, for me the way the Titans have been playing lately indicates that Fisher needs to go and lends credence to the argument that VY was being frustrated and held back by his coach. Maybe he deserves another chance with a supportive coach for once.

But the bottom line is that QB is a very cerebral position that requires a lot of intelligence. In spite of his physical prowess I question whether VY has the mental capacity and maturity to be a franchise QB in the NFL, and if I'm not mistaken, Fitzpatrick went to Harvard. Just sayin'...

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I know he's having a pretty good year. But I still don't think he has enough clout to be making too many demands. He's under contract for 2011 so he'll be accepting whatever role the Bills ask of him.

Besides, I'm not so sure they will draft a QB anyway. That team has a lot of holes to fill. They are better off at QB than they are at a number of other positions. I say they keep Fitz as the starter and go defense or OL in the 1st round.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Fitz also supposedly scored a 48 or something on his Wonderlic, which no doubt has a lot of people around here drooling (to use a more tasteful phrase :ha: ).

10. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

Well maybe I misunderstood I would not mind bringing him in for the right price to push VY but I do not want him to the face of this franchise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar