What do you really think of Cortland?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Two guys get into a brawl one is innocent and the other guilty. Give a break. Sure enjoy reading unbiased opinions.

2. Vitharr

Vitharr Camp Fodder

I'm not going to equate the actions of the two but Marvin Harrison was quiet and well respected by his peers during his career. So lets not judge by perception. Lets actually look at what happened. Finnegan didn't punch AJ while he was without his helmet. AJ stood over a prone man and felt the need to punch him multiple times. That is not the action a respectful man takes, especially not during a sporting competition.

Regardless of what previously happened, AJ has to take responsibility for his actions.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

Yes seriously. What did Cortland do wrong yesterday? He gave up a few passes but what CB doesnt? We dont play man EVERY play so you cant say he gave up ALL those passes. He DIDN"T give up the TD. He gave up a 3rd down conversion BUT that is def a great weakness as a whole D.

He talks a lot yea, but that plays into his style. What did he do wrong prior to ripping the helmet off? Johnson shoved the sh*t out of him the play before in the back AFTER the whistle and Finny walked away. He waited until the NEXT play when he did something. He pushed him back. Then AJ grabbed him and Finnt grabbed what he could in his 5'10 reach. He DIDNT throw punches. What was illegal about his play that deserved for him to get ejected?

4. Oilers81

Oilers81 Camp Fodder

Sorry, but you can't use ONE guy as an example to discredit another individuals character. Until THIS incident, AJ hasn't had an issue with any other corner. Finnegan on the other hand.... well... that's another story.

Like I said, AJ took it too far, but Finnegan swung first, he stuffed AJ at the line by going at his head/neck.... and he has a history of this type of behavior.

Who has the history of problems here? CF or AJ?

If you watch the AJ TD, CF was right behind him, he only peeled off after he realized he didn't stand a chance. AJ burned him.

He regularly gets burned though, it's not just yesterday. He's not a #1 corner, he just isn't. If he was, he wouldn't have to rely on playing dirty and starting fights to win against better players.

The next play, Finnegan put both hands at AJ's neck/face... he elevated it. He DID throw a punch that hit the side of AJ's helmet, but then AJ got him on the ground and the rest is history.

Look, I am not condoning what AJ did, but I find it very amusing that you guys seem to completely disregard the fact that his peers voted him one of the dirtiest players in the league and then act all up in arms as if it's the other guys fault when CF gets rolled in a minor scuffle.... that he started.

5. mr tex

mr tex Starter

Lets see..

Illegal hands to the face at the snap of the ball...

He tried to get a little love tap in before he ripped AJ helmet off & threw it across the field...

The pre meditated "watch this" & then the glory stroll out of the stadium all speak to a guy looking to incite an incident.

Add in his previous altercations over the years not just with AJ but other players around the league & there you go. All i keep hearing is he's "fiesty" or "scrappy" but the fact of the matter is that isn't the rep he has around the league amongst his peers or fans. Hell the guy got into it with 1 of his teammates last year for crying out loud. It's clear that he's O'ded on his rep as a dirty player.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Finnegan isn't playing at the level he used to and everyone is burning him. Finnegan tries to get a jump at the ball but all you need to do is a pump fake because Finny bites so easily on it. Also Finnegan gives up a ton of room so quick slants or a curl route can beat Finny too. He's still a good CB he just needs to play smarter.

For the whole dirtiest player well look at our whole defense. None of them play nice and we take cheap shots in every game. What do you expect from a Chuck Cecil defense?

7. Vitharr

Vitharr Camp Fodder

I'm not discrediting anyone. History is entirely irrelevant, you saw exactly what took place on sunday. For you to be putting it all on Finnegan (both in this thread and others) is quite obviously wrong. AJ's rather over-zealous attempts at run blocking followed by the post-whistle push were the instigation.

I am not claiming that Finnegan is totally 'innocent' here but look at what happend, there is a vast difference between a regular 'Hands to the Face' penalty and punching a helmet-less player. Finnegan should be fined for ripping AJ's helmet off but AJ should be suspended for what he did.

8. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Opinion or not... that hurt my eyes to read.

[​IMG]

9. Oilers81

Oilers81 Camp Fodder

Putting it all on Finnegan? Really? I have said, multiple times if I recall correctly, that Andre went too far, and I agreed with someone else that said they should bot be suspended. What I don't agree with is those of you with your home glasses on that seem to think Finnegan is somehow innocent here.

If Johnson deserves a suspension, so does CF, the player with a history of causing problems on the field, the player with the history of being dirty. I agree that Johnson took it too far, I have said that multiple times now, but Finnegan needs to get a reality check and a little motivation to keep him from reaching his personal goal of being the dirtiest player in the league.

As far as the instigation, I am sure there was quite a bit more that happened prior to those two plays that got AJ fired up like that. Why do you think it is that THIS is the only play he ever has a problem with, but CF has problems with other players on a regular basis?

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

This thread makes me ashamed that a lot of you are Titans fans. Finnegan is by far the dirtiest player I've ever seen on the Titans, and maybe one of the dirtiest I've ever watched in all of Football.

If you support his classless integrity for the sport, than you are no better than a Steeler fan in my book.

I would take Andre Johnson's quiet respected personality on this team over Cortland Finnegan's bush league punk personality any day.

Notice how Andre Johnson apologized immediately after the game. Thats the kind of player I want on my team, thats the kind of player you win championships with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar