What do you really think of Cortland?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

<----------- Look over here

That boy comes from a bad home, I tells ya! ;)

2. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I love Cortland's attitude, but I question his actions. The fight looked to me to be all AJ (punches in the back of the head? Seriously?), but Finny, don't jaw off with a smile on your face with all those cameras around, bro.

The problem is, Finny is likely to start drawing more flags that could have gone either way due to his reputation. A few years ago, he was known as feisty, and now he's known as dirty.

Unfortunately I don't know if he could tone down the attitude without losing a lot of his best attributes as a defender. So I guess if it's a matter of a dirty Finny who balls, or a tame Finny who rolls over, I'll take dirty Finny any day.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I love Cortland. I think he's a really good corner, not elite though. He's physical and gets under the offenses skin. Sometimes he can get burnt though.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He needs to gain respect by shutting down receivers instead of being "scrappy".

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Sorry but the love affair is over for me. He's too small, overrated and has been getting burned a lot lately as someone else stated. Yesterday he didn't do squat and gave up a lot of plays on big third downs, a TD..etc, it's great that he's feisty and all, but that only can take you so far. The bigger, faster recievers are abusing him..The whole team sucks right now.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I loved how he took an uppercut and stood up unphased and just clapped at Andre Johnson.

Tough sob

7. DJB

DJB Starter

I think he worries more about maintaining the Cortland Finnegan "character" he's created than playing good defense.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Personally I'm not too sure what to think of Cortland. I'm a Titans fan so I like him, but don't know if I would if he were say a Bengal... He's a smaller guy always scuffling with bigger guys. Can't he pick on someone his own size?

9. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

He's a mediocre player who wants the thug image. Playing it up to the crowd when you're getting your kicked is pretty stupid. Heard Frank Wycheck on Sirius this morning talking about how bad it reflects on the team and I agree.

10. DJB

DJB Starter

He needs Bulluck to put him in his place again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar