What do we need from fans to be Contenders??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Guess your supporters collective thoughts were just not good enough to get you a ring.

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Lol douche

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Last night at stadium there were at least as many (probably more) Packers fans than Titans fans near the end zones and club level. Guy next to me (Packer fan) laughing saying "listen to those fans cheering while the Titans are on offense- wait those Packers fans are louder than y'all". About that time Sankey catches that flat pass for 6 and the stadium erupts. Then I say "Damn- those Packers fans are everywhere- nice of them to cheer for our score." He got a look on his face like he bit into a turd sandwich.

Anyway- game experience doesn't have an identity and the team doesn't have one because we have no championships. Our marketing guys don't help by hanging on to the country music thing. That is NEVER going to work. They need to let that go except a few classics (JC), outlaw or southern rock/country legends. The contemporary country/pop stuff is just "ball-less". Hardcore fans aren't going to get into that.

I will say the thrash guitar sound they were playing last night sounded good. the Graphics were much improved and the tweener bits were less dopey sounding. Still not enough "titan" stuff for my liking but better overall.

And T-Rac needs to retire to garbage-can land.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's a stupid premise.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

T-Rac might be the silliest mascot in all of sports. Why not a Greek warrior or something?

I mean, geez....

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I've been convinced several times to dump my tix- it's just so damn expensive and I haven't been enjoying it for YEARS. But each time I start the process, I change my mind thinking that THIS will be the year that as an organization we get the JUICE back.

Anway my wife and daughters bolted back to the hotel last night 10 minutes into the game. My son and I worked our way to some seats under the overhang and stayed relatively dry. We watched the entire game. He was 3 when we started watching games together. He leaves for college next week.

It was awesome. I brought binoculars for the first time. Pretty cool to have those and a radio to listen to Mike Keith live. We were focusing on "bubble" guys and rookies, isolating them and reviewing their performance. It was one of the most enjoyable "pre-season" games we've been to. I recommend others to view a pre-season game doing that.

Winning really is the only thing that will foster long term support.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Not really

8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I swear you beat me to it, but you can't forget Solider's Story. He shot Sgt. Waters.

9. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

As fans it's always disappointing to see all the opposing fans in our stadium. There were many Packer fans there last night, but at the same time the parking lot was rocking with Titans Fans. We had a great afternoon and there seemed to be more energy around the stadium. Hopefully we beat down Dallas in the home opener and put a few back to back wins together and we will see a difference in LP Field. I want to see the place packed and everyone on their feet! Never sold a ticket in all the years and would never sell to an opposing fan.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Not while I was there but in one instance my class righted the franchise into the direction its headed today. It is now THE top program in the state.

But nice jab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar