What do we need from fans to be Contenders??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I live in Wisconsin, and watched part of the broadcast last night on local TV here. I watched the other part on NFL network (who played the Titans announcers). Packer promotions during the game were sponsor related, while Titan promotions were about game tickets (normally two game packages for games with Dallas/Giants and Steelers/Browns....all teams that travel well...notice a pattern?).

We have too many open tickets during the season, allowing opposing teams to get their fans in the stadium. When I came to the Bear game back in 2012, the plane I came in on (from Chicago) was full of Bear fans, the hotels were full of Bear fans, I could not get into any of the bars downtown because they were full of Bear fans, and the humiliating flight home (very bad game for us, if you recall) was full of Bear fans.

As someone who lives away from Nashville, I can tell you that Titans games are becoming well known (for other teams' fans) as a great place to come and party. Great for Nashville, not so good for CJ's desire to whip up a more energized home team fan experience.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

you can add me to the negative list as I haven't exactly been positive. I admit I am not a fan of the off season moves for the most part and CJ leaving was not one of them. The Bironas move is going to come bite us at some point this season as well as verner's departure. As for our QB situation I think most know how I feel and I really don't trust locker to get the job done but i will be rooting behind him same as last year and the year before until he gets hurt.

3. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

The Titans fans do have a chant.

It's "BOOOOO" and they do it to the own their players.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I know what your saying. But there were times last year where we were doing good and the fans were still pessimistic. The game we came back in half the fan base was gone. The Chiefs game I was the only fan in my section to shut up the stupid Chiefs fan.

I just think we need more from the fanbase. The real fanbase. To develop an identity and a unity as a fanbase.

5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

IMO, this is still a fairly new-ish franchise to the league compare to a lot of these teams with historic backgrounds & historic players still to this day. They've won championships, revolutionized the game, etc. While the Titans tenure in Tennessee haven't.

Anyone historic from this franchise (in the average NFL fans eyes) are players from the Oilers days.

I know plenty of people who are die hard fans of a bunch of different teams. Every time I come across a Titans fan their like "oh your titans fan? me too!" Only for them to go and ask me how were doing that season or who our QB is.

Never been to a game LP Field (will be attending one this year). So I haven't experienced the atmosphere first hand. But it seems like the majority of our fan base only cares when the team winning & doing something good.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I know what you mean. But I think charlz nailed it. We have our diehards. But we don't have the # of diehards as some of the more "storied" franchises across the NFL. Back in the early days when we were dominating we were one of the loudest stadiums in the league. The casual fans were more than happy to show up in their two tone blue and scream their heads off. But as we got into our rut of mediocrity, those fans stopped caring as much... or quit coming altogether. And we simply don't have enough true diehards in that stadium on Sundays to make up for it.

The fans and FO can come up with as many chants/rally cries/hashtags as they want. But the reality is that good old fashioned winning is the only thing that's going to make a significant difference in the stadium atmosphere.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Ive been to games. When your team is sucking, you have nothing to stand up and cheer about.

Win, and this fanbase will be "good" again.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Longterm fans take time to develop as well. I mean, I'm not giving up my tickets. I've seen family go from little to adults since the Titans have been here. They are invested as Titans fans too.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Simple as that.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fake ass fan :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar