What about Harrington?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by aloving77, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aloving77

aloving77 Camp Fodder

Everyone has talked about brining Kerry Collins in if McNair leaves, but what about Joey Harrington? I know he's been talking to the Dolphins, but we could offer him a realistic chance of starting for the whole year, not like Miami who will definitely go for Culpepper as soon as he gets healthy. I know Harrington isn't the best QB, but I'd rather have him than Collins. What does everyone think?

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

i bet his numbers would be too high.. even though he sucks..

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think it is a possiblity that I'd look into before going after Collins. Doug Flutie said on NFL network that 5 teams have contacted him. I wonder if we are one of them.

4. kak23

kak23 Camp Fodder

Let's throw Bus Cook and McNair for a total loop and trade him to Detroit for Harrington.:lol:

I'd get behind it.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

personally, i would rather have had Aaron Brooks than Harrrington

6. aloving77

aloving77 Camp Fodder

Doug Flutie might be a good option as far as mentoring Young, but he's said that he doesn't want to play for anyone but the Patriots.

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Guest

Don't waste your money on a Quarterback with delusions of being your starter... Let Volek do his thing. Get Vince in the game around Week 10.

You'd probably win more games than you did this year.

What you need to be doing, is trying to get Ray-Ray in that trade for McNair.

8. there is no way that we could get this best lb in he league for mcnair,its waaaay out of the question

9. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

I think it's OK to have a QB that has delusions of being a starter. In fact, I wouldn't really want a guy that didn't think he could compete for the job. Now, as a vet, you have to know that Vince is going to get his turn. But a guy like Harrington could step up the competition in training camp and provide similar aspects to his game to run some of the VY plays. Of course, VY is going to run the Chow designed VY plays better. But Harrington - if he can be had at a reasonable price - is not a terrible stopgap. If he does well, you probably can trade him for some value when VY's ready to go. Seems like a reasonable tack to take.

The problem with Harrington is that there are potentially 1 or 2 teams out there that think he's potentially underrated and could be a starter and will be willing to pay more for him.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not if they have game film of him in the NFL - Harrington stinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar