What a great pickup Hood turned out to be!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Lava, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woy

Woy PA's finest.

Rod Hood being Rod Hood is a lot better than Nick Harper being Nick Harper.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Brookaveli

Brookaveli Camp Fodder

No need to dump on Harper. Hopefully the better players are on the field more and the good news is that we should have a damn good dime package when the situations call for it!

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

No way we bench Hood when Harper gets back. That would be ridiculous. If anything, let Harper play nickel, he'd actually be suited all right for that. Him and Vinny Fuller can split reps there, and we'd actually have some CB depth.

Hood is the man though, I really didn't know anything about that guy before he came here and I definitely like what I'm seeing. We still have some secondary issues but it's definitely looking better then it was before the bye.

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

We signed Fuller in the offseason. I cannot recall if it was a 2 or 4 year deal.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Fuller was re-signed to a 3-year deal worth I believe $7.5M. If it were my offseason, I'd re-sign Hood before the year was out to a 2-year deal. I'd also continue to let him play and learn the system so he can come in hot next year as well. I'd draft a CB as high as I could as well, rounds 1-3, depending on how it all shakes out, so we can continue to build the depth. Eric Berry, of course, would be ideal if we could land him, but the more we win, the less likely that will be. I would try to recoup the 2nd we gave up for Cook this year by tendering LW at the 2nd round tender for around $1.4M or whatever it will be next year. That way, if the Titans draft a DT in one, they could possibly land a CB in two, or vice versa.

I feel as if Fisher were to insert Harper at this point, he would be essentially throwing in the towel, especially considering the Titans face Houston, Arizona and Indianapolis in successive weeks - the three most deadly passing teams they'll face in the remainder of the season until they face San Diego.

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'm thinking it was a 4 year deal signed last year.
    He's still a nickleback because the Titans do play a lot more nickel than most of the other teams out there. He sees quite a bit of playing time.
    The reasoning is that our front 7 is excellent in run defense, AND Fuller is good enough in run support that we can keep him in there in place of a 3rd LB. He's good enough in the run support, but is damn good in pass coverage.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Fuller is a safety who plays the nickle very well.He's not a CB.He signed a new 3 year deal in the off season.

I think we should offer Hood a contract now before other teams get a chance to outbid us in the off season.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

CB is the one position you cant have too much talent at. Because you know most teams are good til that 3rd corner, so after that teams with any half decent 4th & 5th WR's do well vs. those weak dime and quarter packages. Not to mention the injuries that will and do happen. I'd like us to address the CB position in the offseason so that 0-6 never happens again. As for my guy Hood; I've been saying since day one he'd be a difference maker for us, and that he'll have a lot of picks. His attitude is just right for the situation at hand.

9. iQon

iQon Starter

Agreed. He was one of the few new additions I'd actually knew of this year. And I had high hopes shot down by some people on this board. But he's giving me a lot of confidence in him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar