Westworld

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by TitanJeff, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You said "other than the title and setting, it looks like they have nothing in common".

They do have more in common than the title and setting. I've already listed some. If you are so interested, watch the damn movie lol. You were wrong, it's not like its a big deal, get over it. Obviously they aren't identical, nobody said that. You can't tell the same story in 2 hours than you can tell in 10 or however many seasons the HBO show goes. Yes, the HBO hits the subject matter a little deeper and again, nobody said anything to the contrary. Hello Strawman.

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

As stated by someone else, the movie is condensed...I am confident the show will follow a similar path...we are already beginning to see hints of it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

This is the one time I'm bummed at not having HBO access. I have taken a big interest in issues regarding AI recently, and this series seems like great canon for it. It seems that as Moore's Law has escalated over the past twenty years, so has the concern over AI and our interaction with it. I'd really like to see this show and how it deals with questions such as "Is rape still rape if the victim is a robot with a daily memory wipe?"

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

wow...

A coworker of mine was telling me about the film 'westworld' and he was totally describing the horrible sequel to westworld.

A person would have to go out of their way to not have seen Westworld

great movie

then again I liked Silent Running with Bruce Dern of The 'Burbs fame

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

cheap attempt at some neg ratings... we are onto you @520

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

they "addressed" that in the last episode, with a "butcher" (they fix wounds of the hosts) who had sex with a robot.. it was just used as blackmail though, and then basically dismissed. Plus in the 1st episode one of the main characters kissed an immobile prostitute robot and just sort of looked around to see if anyone noticed

i would gather from those two incidents, it is frowned upon but not going to really be a big theme of the show

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Ye be warned... I believe the below spoiler will be accurate and is major...

8. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Well it happens all the time in the actual "Westworld". So obviously it's allowed if you are a paying customer.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

both the incidents i used were of the employees, not customers.. i don't think the employees are really permitted to do that

10. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

I've seen this theory and it would only make sense if the show runners were super deceptive given that we have a flash back of MIB in the scene when she meets William. If that's the case I'll be pissed off. I do think there may be something to alternate timelines but this theory is too on the nose and I think the writers know that. I did like having it confirmed that the little kid robot was Dr. Ford.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar