West TN - Titans TV Broadcasts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BudAdams, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is why I had to get DIRECTV. I live far from where the Titans games normally get shown. I guess Memphis is now as far as Stamford, CT is.

2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

It feels so good to win this battle. THanks brotha for giving me the email address. That worked very well.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

congrats!

4. rtsmith555

rtsmith555 Camp Fodder

D@mn straight! I can't believe it worked that fast. Let's hope this winning streak continues.:evil:

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Update: Titans/Rams was not broadcast in West Tn again. There was simply no game on at all during the slot.

The local Fox affiliates choice of programming was downright insulting. They had a pokerstars tournament on, which was completely unwatchable, among other ridiculous fillers.

Last time this happened, someone produced the email ofGM of the local CBS station. Can someone produce that of the local FOX? Thanks.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wow, you guys are getting screwed here. Send them hot dog crap over at Fox.

7. titantigerfan

titantigerfan Camp Fodder

Question; I'm comg home to West Tn for Christmas. I really want to see the Titans-Chargers game, but none of my family has NFLN. Up here in the Cincy area, whenever there is a local game that is only broadcast on NFLN, they also show it on the local channels for those who don't have the channel. Does anyone know if this also occurs either in the Memphis or Jackson areas? I wasn't sure if those cities are too far away from Nashville to warrant them showing the game locally. Thanks in advance.

8. ChattTitansFan

ChattTitansFan Practice Squad

I live in Chattanooga, and we got the shaft as well. We got that stupid poker tournament thing as well. I wrote an email to our local affiliate FOX station. I doubt that they will ever respond. I wound up listening to it on the radio and while in the gotitans chatroom. One of the "roomers" sent me a link to a stream, but it had a 30 second delay. I just don't understand why they would only show the game in Middle Tennessee, in which the actual game was being played.

9. ChattTitansFan

ChattTitansFan Practice Squad

I am going to West TN (Paris) for Christmas. It seems like a game like this would be nationally televised on NBC or something. Since it is the last game of the day and all.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Good luck guys.. You all know that it takes an act of congress to get NFL network to broadcast a game to everyone.

Reference:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3169075

I broke down and bought the NFL Sunday Ticket because I would be forced to watch Colts games all season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar