Were not winning the Division

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I love when people jump to conclusions based on one event.

Titans looked bad today and the Colts looked good. Who's to say that doesn't flip in two weeks? The NFL Is fickle in that any team can beat any other team on any given Thursday/Sunday/Monday.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

ya I know put into perspective it aint the end of the world not by a long shot still hard to feel good at 3-4 after 3-1 no matter how you look at it especially with the freaking colts beating peyton

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

it's not that bad but I am more upset with our mistakes in the game than the loss. We created so many penalties and stopped ourselves on offense with false starts and holding. The penalty on ayers when pollard picked the ball was terrible. We need to focus on fundamentals again if we are going to get back in this thing.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm trying to remain optimistic. But we really could've used a win here in these last 3 games. And we really could've used a Colts loss to the Broncos. Now we're trailing Indy by 2 games and we most likely need to win at least 7 of our last 9 to have a legitimate chance at the division. And it very well could take 8 of 9.

Let's not kid ourselves. We need to play near perfect football after the bye. And with the way this team insists on shooting themselves in the foot, I'm just not optimistic about that happening. Have a feeling it's going to be another one of those years where we're praying for Team X to beat Team Y and for Team B to beat Team A in order for us to sneak in the playoffs. Sigh. I had such high hopes just a few short weeks ago.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im usually a believer in "you are what your record says you are", but this team is not a .429 team

things will get better after our bye. 2 games vs the Jags, 2 games vs a Reggie Wayneless Colts, and a couple other easier games waiting for us.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

That is what the Titans do to their fans, give them hopes to shoot them down in the end.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

While I'm not saying anything about the division I think that this we will gain control of the 6th wildcard spot and just have a win and in to make the playoffs. The Chargers still have to play the Chiefs (twice), the Broncos (twice), and the Bengals in the 2nd half. The Jets have the Bengals, the Saints, and two games against Miami. The Dolphins have two games against the Pats, two against the Jets, Cincinnati, and San Diego.

What I'm saying is that we are only one game out of the 6th wildcard spot with tie breakers over two of the teams in front of us and an easier schedule then any other team in the AFC playoff race (including the Colts who are a little bipolar). We are (relatively) healthy going into the bye and all we have to do is win the games we need to win and not get swept by the Colts.

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I'm surprised that anyone is really surprised that the Colts were able to beat the team with the worst pass defense in the NFL.

The Broncos are the Texas A&M of the NFL; you beat them by winning a shoot out. And while the Broncos were undefeated going into Sunday night, they really hadn't played anybody worthwhile yet, so they were considerably overrated.

9. amy

amy Starter

only three? :cj::neener:

10. amy

amy Starter

The Colts know every secret Peyton has. Of course they beat them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar