Wells close to signing with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

You HONESTLY think that the FO wouldn't have signed him if we weren't trying to free up cap space for Manning? Please.

2. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

My spirits were so high and now they're dashed. This must be a really cruel joke by a very sick person. :sad2:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

I believe that's a definite possibility. We don't know how much money the guy wanted. It may have been something we weren't comfortable with, Manning or no.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It depends on how much he wanted, how much we want to commit to Manning, be able to release Amano, and how much we thought was a fair deal for him.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Walterfootball.com says Wells' deal is four years, $24 million and $14 million guaranteed. Myers' deal was was four years, $25 million and $15 million guaranteed.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

That is something I would have had no problem giving up, especially if it meant the Amano was gone.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Most people would give up their left testicle to get rid of Amano. LeRoy Harris should replace him.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'd be content with them switching positions. Even ESPN and talk radio is starting to talk about it...

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well Amano was a decent guard and about 1000 times better than he is a C. Harris was decent at Center though I think he had issues with NTs in the 3-4.

Fisher decided it would be a good idea to swap them.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

He also thought keeping Donnie Nickey on the roster all those years was a good idea.

Obviously, the guy lost touch with reality. I can't believe he got another job with another team...the game has passed him by.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar