Well.... There Goes Tony Gonzalez

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

I think Daniel Graham is FA, no? The Pats have 2 other TEs, and we could definitely outbid them. He is a decent receiver and excellent blocker. He and Scaife would be a very solid combo.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We don't need players that old on this team. He'd only help for maybe 1 season, plus we're loaded at TE, so why would we even pursue him?

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yep, as others have said - one of the few positions we DON'T need an upgrade at is TE.
    It'd be pointless to bring Gonzo here.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

We didn't need Gonzo to begin with

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Except that GONZO SCORES POINTS.

6. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Loaded at TE? Oh man.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

TNTroll

Kinney,all round nice guy & our most productive TE since Wycheck. 55 receptions in 05.
    http://www.databasefootball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=KINNEERR01

Hey he's no loss we have a real find in Hartsock who's caught 6 passes in 8 games over two years. White has shown us jack as both a runner & a receiver.

I have a sick bucket ready & waiting for masterful response :rolleyes:

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Oh, well since he's a "nice guy" that makes it different. What does Kinney offer that we don't already have in Saife, Troupe and Hartsock? Hartsock only played a few games, why would you even compare his catches? He caught everything thrown his way, and tried to catch some that were not even close. Kinney should have his own stat, stumbles after catches. I have never seen a guy his size go down so easy.

As far was White, he is showing improvement in case you haven't noticed. He looks leaner and faster. He caught a ball for 2 yards, did a nice spin move and got 13 out of it. You are being a pessimist if you don't see a bright future for a lot of these guys. Wait another year and see how much Vince improves before worrying about these guys. I don't believe you will have much to complain about if he does.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

someone who can block and catch. hartsock can block, but he has hands made of stone and is slow as hell. troupe can catch...when he runs the right route. i think scaife is easily our best all-around tightend, but he's a liability blocking(i wouldnt be surprised if he led the team in holding calls)

blocking tightends seem to be important to running teams.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

:eh?:

Possibly your most telling statement to date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar