We need to attack FA this year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Would love to add Robinson. Doubt we do though.

2. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Really? Because the Colts were laughing at us when we signed him. His false starts killed them and killed us. And we didn't have the fire power to overcome his 10 yard gifts.

3. TokinTitan

TokinTitan Starter

Right we sti
    Probably Right :swear:

4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

We all know that none of the high priced FA will be on our roster next year.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

A $5mil/yr 'flyer on Richardson or Landry - one of the top slot wr's in the NFL for $14mil/yr? Gimme the sure thing!!! Mariota needs some sure things and guys who can get open and CATCH the damn ball! Landry is as good as anyone in those areas! Every wr on the roster gave us problems in route running, drops, etc. last season. Let's give him another security blanket besides Delanie!

I'll give up 3 flyer's for one star player who's a difference maker!!!

We took flyers on
    Cyprien ($4.75mil cap hit rising to $6.75 in 2018)
    Sylvester Williams ($4.6mil cap hit rising to $5.6mil in 2018)
    Bates, Supernaw, Weems...(about $5.5mil combined)

Of the above, any of them could have been replaced by others...especially if that meant giving us a super star player!

We should go hard for Landry. Cooper Kupp...the Rams slot guy had more catches than Watkins so a good slot is very valuable in this offense! And Woods was very dependable for them. I see Davis as more of our big play guy in the future but Matthews and Decker were not dependable. Can Sharpe be that guy? Maybe. But I think we need a little certainty.

I would also inquire as to what the Giants would want to move Odell. Goettlemen is not liking that he wants to be paid the highest salary in the NFL...and we do have a ton of cap room...?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd be interested.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

the Eagles are upside down with the cap. will be interesting to see who they cut :brow:

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Scratch Landry off your wish lists.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Good god. 16 million for a dude that averages 10 YPC.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

They can have him at that price...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar