We need a safety. Patrick Peterson?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Rex Ryan was gone when Carr joined the Ravens though.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Nnamdi* was the only one worth a top 10 pick in my opinion. Put Revis on most teams and he is no longer elite. Pacman was great but his best skill was returning....I don't want to spend a 6th on a good return man. And the only reason I say he isn't worth the 8th is I don't know if he'd really make a good safety, to spend a top 10 pick and change a dudes position? Ehhh not my style.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pacman would've been worth a top 5 pick if it weren't for his off the field behavior. He was way better than Hester at returns and he was on his way to being a top 5 corner (if he wasn't already there).

Polamalu and Reed would've been worth #1 picks, without a doubt.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I liked Pacman but he wasn't close to a top 5 corner, he was pretty good, but still gave up quite a few passes, WAY more than a top 5 corner should. Polamalu and Reed I do agree with you on.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Can Peterson tackle?

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Why does he remind you of Antrel Rolle? Both are 6', but Rolle ran a 4.48 40 on Miami's fast track at his pro day.

Peterson, over 20lbs heavier ran a 4.32 on an 'even' track.

Rolle was too light to press the big guys in the NFL and his year 1 knee injury turned an avg speed press cb into an eventual S since he could no longer play at a high level as a CB. Notice they drafted Dogers-Cromartie who's big AND fast. Sound familiar?

Gut

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Lol

Please prove your point by answering these simple questions.

1 - How are you defining a 'great' season? He had more tackles as a rookie, almost the same # of tackles the year before Rex as his 1st year with Rex and almost the same number of picks (5 vs 6).

2 - You sound like you are implying Revis was not great last year once he got healthy. Please explain.

3 - Since you said Rex's D makes every DB look great (see first question), please list all of the CB's on the Jets who had great years in Rex's first 2 seasons (and remember you already told us the answer is ALL OF THEM).

4 - There seems to be a hypocritcal problem in your statements. If Rex's system makes all DB's look great and then you say Revis wasn't great, you have blown up your own argument in trying to make your point.

5 - Please list the WR's Carr was matched up on...as in, the coaching staff had him follow the other team's best WR around all day. Oh wait, he wasn't on their team nor has Carr been matched up that way because he's not that good. Revis is.

6 - Please list the 10 CB's who are ALWAYS asked to lock down the other team's best WR all day. With 64 starting CB's, this should be easy.

Gut

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

What the hell do you base this on. Have you watched some of his games? Looks like a shutdown corner to me. Or are you just basing this on stats?

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Put it this way; he is literally everything you hope for in a rookie DB.
    As for tackling goes, Peterson would get a B+ from me in that category. He's a good tackler, but since he's not an explosive hitter, he get's the B+ from me. Don't think he's not a good tackler based on what I just said, he is, but could stand to improve some.
    I haven't seen every piece of footage on the guy, but he appears to do everything well.

He can even catch like a WR.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yCOLpiFxgbM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I remember that pretty well. It was the same year where he and Pacman were rated the top 2 corners. I'm pretty sure Rolle ran in the upper 4.5's at the combine... like a 4.58 or something similar. Comparing Peterson to Rolle is just pure douchebaggery :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar