We Need A Running Back!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Spinnaker, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I love Lendale. Total Mancrush. Named my dog after him even (it's the dog's middle name). We need a few more running backs. But Lendale should be given the chance to start. Why? Talent. You have to see what he has. Just like Vince last year he might suprise you. You rob yourself of the opportunity if you don't even try. Sign a guy like Antowain Smith was for us. A hard runner, and a real pro. Or draft another back. Whatever. But it's Lendale's time right now. So now it's on him. Just like I want it.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

you gave your dog a middle name?

3. HoustonTitan

HoustonTitan Guest

lets try to trade for jones!

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

We do need another RB, but we don't need a starter. LenDale should be fine as a starter and at least deserves a shot, I like the draft as a place to find our #2 (not necessarily backup) RB

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Julius Jones would compliment LW very well I think. Give LW 12-15 carries give or take depending on production and give JJ 8-10 give or take dep. once again and you have a very porductive running game where neither back is completely worn down from taking 300 carries. Leaving us with a most likely healthier and fresh backfield down the stretch of our "playoff hunt". Yes were back in the race!

As to why I think he comp. LW well is because LW is a big push the pile back wear you down type runner with a good burst and speed for size. So while LW is bruising into them that leaves the smaller, quicker, faster, JJ to run aorund the worn down D and break the big gains. I can see it now we would dominate and wear down D's then let VY hit justin Gage for the big gain............haha yea right what I meant to say was Bowe or Meachem. Or Rice if you prefer just get someone.

6. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

Are you saying he's going to come back and make a mediocre album?

7. HoustonTitan

HoustonTitan Guest

i have a bad feeling we ost our top two recievers and our top two runningbacks we have no offence... ok we have a qb with no one to throw to!!

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Poor lendale never had a chance!

Yes he did. Travis henry wasn't exactly the darling of the coaching staff when the season started. It was only after the cowboy game when brown was demoted that henry took over as the main guy but before then henry was almost third string.

Lendale didn't have much of a camp because of an ankle injury. Then when he did play he didn't do anything extraordinary to make the coaches to want to play him more. Then later in the year he hurt his hip. They basically tossed brown into the garbage making more playing time for lendale. He had more rookie carry's than chris brown had in 03.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And more yards, a better avg. and almost double the First downs.... what was your point again?

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

trade for Julius Jones

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar