We have about 5 million in Cap Room

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think Bud woke up one day and went "F**K it, YOLO"

• High Five High Five x 6
  4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

You're out of the cool group, we had a good run though.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why do people always refer to our cap room this year when we are singing deals for 3, 4 years and longer? And the cap hit for those deals get higher over time.

How much cap room we have now is almost meaningless you have to look out 3-4 years. In 2 years Washington's contract expires as does Roos and Stewart and decisions have to be made about them. Obviously we can open some cap room when and if we release CJ before his deal is done but the cap savings for releasing him next year is only $4M. You have to look at dead money each year also.

Next year we won't have much cap space.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

MR's frugality has allowed us to invest big time this year. Hopefully we have invested well and are not over paying for anybody. I don't think we are.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well people look at cap space this year obviously to see what kind of deals can be made. Looking at cap over the next few years is important but since that cap doesn't pertain to next season or who we could sign now then it kind of takes a back burner during the free agency period.

I do get your point, we're spending a lot of money now but that's because we actually have a lot of cap space this year to work it. I'm pretty interested to read some of these guy's contract details.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

If Roos and Stewart come back it will likely be for a modest contract, CJ will probably not be on the team, Hass will have retired, Washington may not be here, Amano will probably not be here and we can only pray that Griffin has been shown the door. I would say we would have a decent cap situation in a few years. Depending, of course.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

but you are right about dead money, just as dead money this year won't apply next year. Also, Wilson will probably be gone by then. I don't see any blockbuster deals outside of what CJ got, which will probably be history.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ha and it was the first time I ever said YOLO.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar