Rumor We are keeping Mularkey?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KillerTitanFan, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

At least the potential GMs are smart.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

I GOOD GM won't accept this job if he doesn't have a voice in the HC hiring.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I really hope ALL GM's interviewed have ZERO interest in retaining Mularkey. That should send a message to ownership. My nightmare is hiring Marc Ross because he'd keep Mularkey (since they worked together in Buffalo?).. God, imagine that Lol

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Altered state.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

"This is how bad teams stay bad"

:anon:o_O

Mike Mularkey - Tennessee Titans - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Rotoworld:
    "It's hard to make this stuff up sometimes. The Titans have yet to even hire a general manager, but are apparently comfortable saddling whomever replaces Ruston Webster with a 54-year-old interim coach. This is how bad teams stay bad. Mularkey's formal interview is expected to come later in the week. The Titans have yet to interview anyone else, so it indeed appears to be Mularkey's job to lose"

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

That and considering they haven't interviewed anyone else really ... I see Teryl Austin is next but knowing the Titans it's just to satisfy the Rooney rule - which I hope not - the cart may be still hooked up to Mularkey

7. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

This franchise has no grape fruits

8. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Or the guy they want is still coaching now. While coaches in the playoffs can't interview, it doesn't stop agents from gauging interest.

9. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Eh, not really buying it just yet. At the end of the day it makes sense they will interview Mularkey first. He is our in house candidate and teams often interview those guys first. It also make sense we interview him before we hired a GM because we already have an idea who he is.

Once we hire a GM, which I would hope it comes later in the week as it was reported we interviewed the final candidate yesterday, I'd honestly think we will start seeing HC candidates bought in. Even then, I don't believe we should expect to see a quick turn around hire there either. As many others have said, if we hire a new GM he will certainly want to at least sit in and have input on the new HC. IMO I think that requirement is laxed significantly if the candidate is in house and the franchise have at least some idea who the guy is as a coach.

I say as many others say, its a slow process for us right now, but definitely too early in the game to start panicking or making assumptions. Despite all these reports no one really knows the front office plans except them. So lets just wait and see what they do. I have a gut feeling we will interview deep into the post season.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

The only way Mularkey stays is if Ross or beddingfield are hired as the GM. Otherwise the writing is on the wall because the other prospective GMs will not accept a job with an ultimatum to keep Mularkey. If we go the first route you can expect me and probably many many more fans to find new teams to follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar