We are always picked against

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by in-VINCE-ible09, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Here's a pick for ya..
    Titans 24 Ravens 6

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

well...

A lot of the posters covered most of the bases...

1 - Tennessee isn't a big market...which is why we're playing an afternoon game on Saturday instead of prime time.

2 - A lot of the experts picked us to finish LAST in our division. Combine that with a terrible looking finish against the Colts, being off last week and watching the Ravens dismantle the fish...and it's no wonder everyone's picking the Ravens. It's a what have you done for me lately league. We haven't done anything lately and they have.

3 - Plus, the league likes the Ravens story better...going from nowhere to the playoffs with a dominant D and a rookie QB.

4 - Keep in mind this was the MO for the Giants last year...by wildcard weekend, the only talk in NY was if a Superbowl appearance would be enough to let Coughlin keep his job and I'm fairly certain the Giants weren't favored in any game in the playoffs and decided underdogs in the Superbowl. Of course, the Giants won and are now viewed completely differently! And most people don't remember all the talk of how Coughlin needed to be fired at the end of the year...

Personally, I prefer it this way. The Titans typically play harder as underdogs. Too bad the spread doesn't favor the Ravens for a Titans home game...that'd really rev up the annoyance factor!

Gut

3. TYRANTS

TYRANTS Camp Fodder

We are just going to have to kick the #### out of the ravens and let espn talk about how we are going to lose to the chargers or steleers. then how we are going to lose the super bowl. then after we win the super bowl they will talk about how we wont repeat. But for right now will just have fun proving them wrong this week.

Go Titans. ravins suck

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think cruds is very close to what the score will be.

I think we are the ones who will get a defensive TD and our offense will outscore their offense by 3. Titans by 10 23-13.

Another issue totally untouched by the anal-ysts.

Bironas vs Stover.

Bironas 88% overall

Stover 81% overall

Bironas 78% 40-49 yards

Stover 55% 40-49 yards

Bironas 1 for 1 @ 51 yards.

Stover long 47 yards.

Stover has only attempted 9 Fgs over 40 yards all year vs 20 for bironas. The clear edge there is for our guy and if we need a 53 yarder to win or tie the game bironas is far better than stover who has not hit a FG outside of 49 yards in 2 years.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think our Tennessee homers are forgetting- They killed THE DOLPHINS! Oh man, if they can beat the Dolphins, of course we have no chance!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

4 of these idiots chose the Ravens. 2 of them chose then because of a fieldgoal mishap (a block for a TD to stun the Titans? Thats not even a prediction, thats a prophecy, gimmie a break) and one of them is named 'Schmuck'. Nuff said. Put your money on the worst team who lost in their house to the Titans if you want to, and pray for special team disasters to edge you by us because that's your only shot. GO TITANS!!!!!

7. iQon

iQon Starter

After the Colts exhibition game, we dropped from 1st to 9th in points allowed. I personally claim 1st too, but that game still counts on the records. :-/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar