Watched Pats/Panthers game last night

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Things that stood out....Panthers had success with a few screen passes, QB draws and misdirection after jet sweep action. Newton had no runs outside. Stewart only had success up the middle on a few runs.

The 3 sacks that the Panthers got on Brady were all with just a 4 man rush. They forced Brady to just dink and dunk down field most of the game. Pats offense is just crazy good in terms of getting everyone involved.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was looking over their 3 losses too trying to find a secret formula, buuuut its Brady. Dude is a master distributing the ball. As soon as you key in on one guy, they go another direction with the ball.

We'll need to play sound football, no mistakes. Our best shot at winning is starting with good field position and not laying up for 3 when 6 is within reach. Settling for FG's will be our demise..

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

mulsucky will be our demise....mark my words....

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The offensive line is going to have to play the best game of the year to give us a chance. If they can open a few holes and give Mariota some time then we might stand a chance. We can only hope that the Pats take a few penalties on offense to help our defense out. If we win it will be in a shoot out. Their offense will pick our defense apart.

It is interesting that both defenses give up plenty of yrds, but have been pretty solid in the red zone.

Can't wait to get to Boston tomorrow night

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think Brady is too smart and our secondary too porous for a blitz to be effective unless LeBeau can find a way to disguise it. He'll dink us to death and drain the Titans D.

I've not seen many Pats games but I wonder if anyone has stayed in the nickel, rushed three DL and put 2-3 LBers on the line pre-snap to only bring one at the snap with the other two dropping back into coverage.

Seems I've seen the Steelers do such a thing when LeBeau was still there.

6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

our lines are far better, on both sides of the ball. i think we will likely be able to run better than pass, especially if there will be 17mph winds as reported. hopefully its true as that plays into our hand very favorably

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

The only way to win is play near-perfect ball on both sides. And I fear Mariota is going to try to do too much, and he's going to make some mistakes that we can't overcome. I believe Henry will get at least 75 yards rushing, but we'll be in catchup mode by 3rd quarter, and we'll have to limit his touches. Defense will do what they can, but we'll come up short 24-13.

I'm rooting for a win, don't get me wrong. And I think we have the team to do it. Just fear the reality and odds.

8. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Brady will move the ball at will, but Im actually praying here is when they do make it in the redzone our defense could stop them. I’d live with them kicking FGs rather then throwing TDs

9. Patriots Best

Patriots Best Practice Squad

But Carolina is very Good Team, in change Titans offensive is very Weak.

Marcus Mariota
    Only 3232 yrds
    13TD
    15 INT

TITANS NEED NEXT SEASON MORE WR

10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

The thing is, for this team to win, and over come the awful coaching staff, Mariota HAS to do too much.

I think this one is gonna be ugly. Rooting for a W, but I'm expecting a 10+ point loss. Really curious to see what kind of offense starts the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar