Washburn Thinks DL Can Improve Over Last Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though the Titans DL recently lost Antwan Odom, Travis LaBoy and Randy Starks in free agency, DL coach Jim Washburn is optimistic entering this season. "It’s going good. I’m encouraged. Sometimes I haven’t been encouraged [in the past]," Washburn said. Part of the reason is Jevon Kearse returns to a defensive scheme which fits his style of play. "I hope we’re better. We want to be better than we were before," Washburn said. "I’m thinking we’re going to be. We’ve got some young guys here that like football. I’ve had some guys here that didn’t like football. I had some guys last year that didn’t like football. But these guys like it, and that’s refreshing to me."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

I guess he wasn't too impressed with LaBoy, Odom and Starks. At least by two of them from what I got from Washburn's statement.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I got the same vibe.

4. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Awsome i guess Washburn sees potential on these rooks! Our depht chart on the d line should be ok if this kids grasp the playbook..

5. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

6. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Same production this year. As long as Haynesworth has a good season.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Wow... I guess it's easy to forget there's a lot going on behind the scenes when it comes to FA comings and goings. Sounds like Wash wasn't happy at all with some of those guys.

I hope he's able to get the young guys up to speed. Our D line was pretty overrated last year in a lot of ways. It's hard to ignore their performance without AH. I think we've got some good pass rushers, both inside and outside. We really need Antonio Johnson to be what we expected this year. So far the reports sound promising, but that's a lot to ask of essentially a rookie.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm just wondering is that mainly referring to LaBoy?

I seem to remember something about LaBoy's mom speaking to the media about how Travis thought the Titans were overworking the players in training camp...? Anyone else remember that?

He could be right though, seems we were always having injury problems and not doing so well at the beginning of seasons.

Or maybe this was about Starks considering he never did anything.

10. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I still don't understand what Tuna saw in Starks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar