Was Winning Worth it?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Apcgamb24, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

jR and AAS can pull a Jere Jones and Hire an OC to a 5 year contract and state that If Mularkey gets fired then he become HC.

I’m still all for us winning the SB THIS year!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I don't like Mularkey.

But to see my favorite team playing meaningful games in January is dope.

I came pretty close to just not caring about the NFL if they would of missed the playoffs this season. But I'm tuned in now and will be this offsets on and next season.

3. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I don't give 2 $hits about his age, then or now.

Also with less than 2 full years (and only 3 wins in his last season before he got canned)....he was not on an upward trend.

Just saying....stats can say anything you want them to say when you have no comparisons or cherry pick what you want.

4. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

His debacle in Denver had nothing to do with immaturity if you ask me. He made even bigger boneheaded moves than Mularkey on his worst day. Trading always and dismantling a top 5 offense that he inheritated which killed the culture there. Denver wasn't far when he took over, he just needed to beef up the defense and he would have had a pretty good team but instead he tore the team to shreds.

Then, if he's such a QB guru, his choices to replace Cutler was Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, and Brady Quinn. He traded Peyton Hillis for Brady Quinn who never took a snap. Doesn't sound like a person who knows QB talent if you ask me.

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

This was our first playoff appearance since 2008 and our first playoff victory since McNair was our quarterback. Relax, go outside, and enjoy the moment, brother.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Both

7. Apcgamb24

Apcgamb24 Starter

I don't see it happening in the future with this current staff. I don't see Mariota consistently being able to bail out the offense by running for 1st downs. I don't see the run game we saw consistently being that good (it was pretty awful throughout the season). Heck, you can even argue that if Mariota doesn't make that last block the chiefs probably win it cause they had like 1:50 to get in field goal range.

I think Mariota has the potential to be a top 7-10 QB. With this staff he'll be in the bottom 10 and we'll constantly play this ugly sluggish football. I'm fine with Mularkey as long as we get a complete shift in offensive coaching. But that's not going to happen.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. SouthSide1

SouthSide1 615 STRONG

Bottom line we are in the playoffs because the guys believe in Mularkey. I feel next year we will see a change in the offense. I'm sure Jon Robinson will address the issue because it's too obvious. Offense is just too predictable. No way he lets that go on.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

God yes. So very worth it.

Josh McDaniels can draw up pretty plays, but something tells me he's a poor leader of men. Maybe not HC material. We'll find out. He'll probably end up with the Colts.

10. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Why is this even being discussed? If i were AAS and i saw this crap i would make a public statement that i was looking for a place to move the team. We are in the divisional round of the playoffs and are still discussing if winning is worth it, so that we can possibly fire the coach that turned us around and hire another coach that has a losing record as a HC but did a good job.....with Belichik as HC and Tom Brady as QB. Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar