Was Winning Worth it?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Apcgamb24, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Man, I’d gladly give a kidney to watch the titans mow through the pats, Steelers, and whoever comes out of the NFC.

I don’t care if Hitler was the coach.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Absolutely, yes, winning is worth it. What kind of question is that?

#132 BudAdams, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    • High Five High Five x 3
  3. sean10mm

sean10mm Starter

The future is extremely uncertain in the NFL. Sure fire QB prospects fall apart while career mediocrities get hot at the right time. Coaches who were written off one minute are hoisting a Lombardi the next. The idea that you can benefit from tanking is very shaky as a result IMO - the franchise savior you think losing will get you can just as easily go someplace else at the last second, or turn out to be a bum, or what have you.

Take the wins and cross the next bridge when you get to it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If we could make the SB again (and this is purely hypothetical here- not saying we're close to doing so), I'd take 3 more years of Mularkey backpacking off that success. Fluke or not.

Robiskie needs to be axed, and I have every expectation that he will be. If that happens, it shows a dimension of awareness and ability to adapt from Mularkey that is much needed.

I definitely think Robinson will be on his shoulders about it as soon as the season ends though.

5. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Whatever mularkey is doing is working

6. sean10mm

sean10mm Starter

I know Mularkey takes have been done to death, but I do feel like the team does not have the hallmarks of bad head coaching. He doesn't feel like a Jason Garrett level of empty suit to me.

Basically his future will depend on his willingness to modernize and diversify the offensive playbook. If he sticks by a bad OC come hell or high water, he's going to sabotage his career. Conversely, if they get a bright offensive mind he's probably going to have a long run of success.

7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Man that KC win sure feels good! Set the team back 10 years! Of course it was worth it!

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar