Was Winning Worth it?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Apcgamb24, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apcgamb24

Apcgamb24 Starter

I like most of you am extremely happy we gutted out this win. No doubt one of the best football moments in my life. And I do think having playoff experience and winning a game in the playoffs is big for this team.

That being said, the officiating was pretty bad (albeit on both sides) but you could argue we did get a bit lucky on those forward progress calls. Not to mention Kansas City went back to its notorious choking ways and had a key 3rd down drop in the 4th quarter and Mariota and Henry basically went beast mode and willed us to a win. Now we get to go to New England and get thoroughly destroyed by the Patriots. Not just because the Patriots have better talent in key positions, but mostly because Belicheck/McDaniels will absolutely coach circles around ours.

This brings me to this point. I’ve heard people mention that there are reports that say we would be McDaniels’ first choice if Malarkey got canned. Now unlike a lot of you I actually think Mularkey isn’t terrible. He’s a good man, has a team that is disciplined and doesn’t commit a lot of penalties, and the players rally around him. I also believe that there’s no way you can fire him after he took a 3 win team to winning a playoff game.

But you also have to consider that we had a relatively easy schedule this year with the Colts and Texans being depleted with injuries and we still barely made it in in a terrible conference. While Mularkey has shown he’s a decent, solid coach, we still had a negative point differential because we had a lot of ugly wins against teams that we had no business almost losing against. It’s proven that with Mularkey we’ll be the team that *barely ever* handily wins games and it’ll be a slug fest throughout. I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t think I can take another season watching that conservative, uncreative, ugly offense, especially going against Luck and Watson next year. I wanted to throw up half the time watching these games this year.

In an ideal world, we would be able to retain Mularkey and bring in a new OC and offensive staff. But any good offensive minded coach will only come here for the HC position and control of the coaching staff. So that pretty much means with that kinda lucky win against the Chiefs (which I was and still am ecstatic for) we’re now stuck with Mularkey and Robiskie.

I believe with Mariota, Henry, Delanie, and Corey Davis, we have the potential to be an explosive offense, and I do think McDaniels would be able to unleash it. Now we’re stuck with this same coaching staff another year and another year wasting MM8 and CD84’s development. I’m happy we are finally relevant again but for the long-term I just don’t see much positives.

TL;DR: Winning meant keeping Mularkey/Robiskie instead of getting McDaniels. I don't know if that playoff win was worth it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Haters like you need to be banned. We have just as much chance to beat the pats as they do of beating us and if you don’t believe the score of games start 0-0 and that on any given night any team can win you’re dumber than the Waterboy.

• High Five High Five x 8
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I think this is something we will have to revisit sometime later. Now is just not the time to be asking this question.

• High Five High Five x 8
  4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

All wins are worth it. Never foster a losing culture. Losing is for losers so I want no part of that.

• High Five High Five x 17
  5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

can to lay a wager?

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Mulsucky career record 36-53

7. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Yes its worth it! We advanced in the playoffs! we are one step closer to the ultimate goal in the NFL!
    im Not a Mukarkey fan, but I am a fan of WINNING!

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. Apcgamb24

Apcgamb24 Starter

But would you rather win one game now or win many in the future?

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

One game now. I’m in a hurry.

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

I want to win many more and We are still playing to WIN..........In the Playoffs!

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar