Was Merrill Hodge Right about Vince?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Them T-boyz, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Them T-boyz

Them T-boyz Camp Fodder

Merill Hodge of espn was one of the biggest critics of Vince Young during the draft. He stated numberous times that Vince did not have the make up to be an nfl quarterback, alot of people argued at the time and said wait three years and check back. So my question remains, was Merrill Hodge correct?

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

my answer, yes and no. I am currently frustrated with Vince but I can't give up on him yet. I think we should consider benching him, letting him learn from Kerry Collins for awhile (something we should have done from the get-go). Vince looks like a rookie out there. His TD pass to CJ looked awful, yeah it was a TD, but come on, don't throw the ball the ground when you have CJ wide open.

3. Them T-boyz

Them T-boyz Camp Fodder

I see were your coming from. But it's to late to sit him he has already played 29 games, if he dosen't get it now he never will.

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

No, Hodge was wrong. Vince can be a productive quarterback once he is completely or as close to completely healthy as he can be. Players sometimes play through serious injuries and it starts to show in their performance. Perhaps the Madden curse is still in effect.

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

He will be benched to rehab in injury.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Let's not forget, McNair played with every injury known to medicine and he STILL dominated. Vince, for lack of a better word, is a p****.

7. Them T-boyz

Them T-boyz Camp Fodder

Vince is starting to remind me of the kid that when you played ball with and he would get his shot blocked he would act like you fouled him and sprained his wrist when he wasn't touched! He just seems to want to get out of everything without taking fault.

8. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

I don't think Hoge was right... he made some valid points but everything he was saying could be said for every young QB... He cannot make the assumptions that down the road he won't develop...that's unknown...McNabb has turned into a nice pocket passer... early in his career he was erratic too... the bad news is it only took around SEVEN years....lol...

9. Them T-boyz

Them T-boyz Camp Fodder

True. Lol!!!

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

DNabb was good though, VY doesn't look it, plus Donovan has a great personality and he's able to let alot roll off his back. I can't even imagine VY in Philly or NYC dealing with that media....can you say Ryan Leaf pt deux?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar