Was listening to the Mike Munchack show...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWrath, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Nuke the franchise. Start fresh.
    This is the same coach that publicly promised to the fan base that we would be in the playoffs this year. We just lost to the Jaguars (a division rival) at home with the playoffs hanging in the balance. There are no more excuses. We, the fan base, are sick to death of being promised a winning team year after year.

I hate to say it but the guy is not a coach, nor does he know how to assemble a coaching staff or a locker room that can hang in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 6
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

4. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

did he say anything on cancer in locker room comments?

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I like Munchack. We definitely need to make the playoffs but I don't think he's the main reason we've lost this season. Some games it was on some of the players to make plays.

Coming up short on the sticks is a mental error on the player's part. Missing a blocking or defensive assignment is the player's fault. Fumbling the football is the player's fault. Throwing an interception that is not tipped at the line or by your receiver's hand is a player's fault.

I'm not blaming any group more than the other

I guess I'm one of the few fans who doesn't want to blow up the team. Just continue to aggressively improve. We've beaten the Chargers, Steelers opening week, Rams, and the Jets. We've competed to the very end with the Seahawks and Chiefs, and went into OT with the Texans.

The loss pisses me off as much as any fan, but I don't want to blow up the team. Especially when we're a few players and a few plays from being elite in the league. Munchack or the DC's definitely need to be more aggressive on D to make up for the O, but if we can play with intensity on D and focus on O I think we'll be a good team towards the end of the season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I listened to much of the show at work yesterday and it is rather amazing that nobody wants to challenge this guy in the media or the call in fans.

Nobody asked the most basic question about being out coached. Nobody asked him how accountable he should be. 41 games in and he is below 500!

I know Munch is a likable guy but you can ask these questions without being rude.

Simple question..,Coach Munch do you feel like you were out coached Sunday?

I remember a quote from Dooley for UT about the same time in. About the middle of his term as coach he said he asked "when will the black clouds go away". When you are replaced!

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Duh which way did he go George?

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I blame Chris Johnson for all of this. Heres why.

When Munchak took over as HC the running game was strong, and we did it all with a mobile QB. Munchak then decided that's what his team will be about, the running game. But he made a mistake assuming things would stay the same if you just exchange one mobile quarterback for another. He failed to see that different personnel changes the dynamic of the backfield. In Munchs world he thought Jake Locker=Vince Young, sadly he was wrong.

Instead of drafting a franchise QB in 2011 we drafted VY's cousin.

Under the right set of circumstances Jake Locker can thrive, problem is this is the NFL where you never get a perfect set of circumstances.

2011 was a crap shoot anyways for QBs.

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

It is clear that Munch is clueless when it comes to adversity. It took him forever to get rid of reynaud. They only have 1 type of game plan and when that does not work, they continue with that game plan anyway. We never make adjustments. He always says we need to get off to a fast start but under the MM era I have never seen the team get off to a fast start. GET HIM OUT OF HERE! F YOU MUNCH

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar