Was Jeff Fisher really the problem?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Sure.

1. They both have the emotion of a wood plank.
    2. They lose every 2nd half they play. Regardless of how well the team shows they can dominate in the first.
    3. Same predictable offense, misusing certain players, unable to get the most out of other playmakers.
    4. Same blind favortism to certain players.
    5. The inability to change or adapt in-game.
    6. Hires buddies over qualified candidates, but will never get rid of them (bet.).
    7. Defense goes in to cover-none zone every 2nd half- losing the game for us every time- yet can't figure out that it's a problem.
    8. Never exposes weaknesses other teams have- instead those weaknesses seem to flourish vs us. No offensive line depth? 3rd stringers in? We wont get a sack. Oh your starting RB is out? We'll allow your backup to rush for 200 yards.
    9. Claims nothing is wrong- things just haven't worked yet. But they will... of course.
    10. No accountability for anyone.
    11. Wont replace players that are sucking.

You need any more or will that work for now?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I've seen Fisher go bat**** insane on the sideline many times. Munch seems less animated than Fisher to me. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

We outscored the Browns in the 2nd half, so as usual you are wrong.

Well part of the problem is you think guys like Cook and Hawkins are playmakers when in reality they just aren't that good.

Example?

Example?

What buddy did Munch hire over a qualified candidate? And you are of course just making up the 2nd part.

Don't know about every time but on this I agree it was a big problem yesterday.

Never?

When did this happen?

Example?

Example?

I think you did a piss poor job. But A+ for whining.

3. Mariani&Cheese

Mariani&Cheese Practice Squad

This. I was going to say did it bother anyone else that Munchak looked helpless on the field as he watched the game slip away?

4. Deuce Wayne

You use one example... and it's the Browns?... Are you serious? Yes, I'm wrong. We had a good half vs the Browns. That one time. Vs THE BROWNS.

Good god, you're reaching worse than ever.

When have I EVER considered Hawkins a playmaker?... Cook proves he's a playmaker every week. Do you even watch anything other than 2nd halves vs the Browns?

David Stewart? Eugene Amano? Chris Johnson?... Are you even a fan? Or is this "act clueless" thing part of your argument?

Ok, now I'm assuming it's part of your argument.

Up 17-7 vs the Bengals... 2nd half get outscored 17-0.

We've outscored 3 teams in the 2nd half this year. One being the terrible Browns.

Uhhh... every week? If you don't follow this team or read post game pressers or anything, stop trying to argue just to have someone to talk to. If you're unaware of Mike Munchaks "Things will get better, but we're not going to change" stance, you simply don't pay attention.

Dude, half this coaching staff is old Oilers guys that haven't done jack sh** for any other team. Do your homework.

So far? Yes.

Of course you do, o'great apologist! God you proved how little you know with that response or just how delusional you are.

While your eyes are closed tight, if you rub them hard enough, you'll see pretty colors. :)

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

It has become more obvious than ever that if you hire within the staff (Garrett, Munchack, etc...) you aren't necessarily guaranteed good results. Let's face it...our 0-line coach last year was Munchack and honestly, the 0-line had a HORRIBLE year. Seniority with the team does not mean you will translate into being a good head coach. I like Munchacks values about accountability and hard work but when does he plan on implementing them on game day?

He's suspect. He hires Chris Palmer (his offensive numbers speak for themselves), Jerry Gray who I liked at one point but is still dropping into zone when we only have a 10 point lead (I think this is Munchacks fault). I don't even know how I feel about Rocker at this point because our D-line simply cannot get pressure on the QB. Dalton had all day to get the ball to A.J. and Simpson. To boot, if we can't stop Benson (or any other RB for that matter) how are we going to improve in the run game? Our LB's and secondary sure can't help out (or tackle).

Don't get me started on Reinfeldt. Backups don't win championships. We are ill-equiped. Yeah, we struck gold with two GREAT rookies at DT and a great corner in McCourty but we are struggling with the likes of Marks, McRath, Hawkins, Amano, Stewart, and even Chris Johnson. How are we going to respond next year in the draft? If we can't fix glaring needs on the field we will drown in a pool of complacency year after year. Something really must change. I see the talent on the field and don't see the production that they can bring.

Alas, coaching is the problem.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Blaine Bishop and Dyson said it best... Teams have figured out Munchak and co and thats why we have a terrible 2nd halves. Even tho we beat the colts, they almost got 400 yards off offense.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So stating facts is reaching to you?

Yeah, I actually go to games.

It's not about being clueless its about being rational.

Who should start over Stewart? The deal with switching Harris back to center is apparently he is incompetent when it comes to snapping the ball. That is the word I have heard anyway.

Chris Johnson did well yesterday.

Nothing about your statement equates to an inability to change. So every time a team does well in the 2nd half that means they changed and adapted in game? Could it not simply be that they just executed the plays better?

That's 3 out of 8 btw.

I don't always read post game pressers. I also don't watch the coaches show so it is possible I'm ignorant on this subject.

lol you sound like shortbus with the homework comment.

Palmer and Gray have had success with other teams.

A+ for whining.

All I know is that I am not going to condemn a coach based on half a season. Unlike every with their panties too tight right now, I thought before the season it was possible we would be a 4-12 team. I guess I was just realistic and rational enough to realize we don't have many (if any really) elite players, that we have brand new coaches, and a brand new QB. I didn't expect immediate success.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

The Many Faces of Mike Munchak

[​IMG]

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

My dream is that Mike Tomlin leaves the Steelers and becomes our coach..too bad that will never happen but he's everything I would want in a coach even though he's on a team that I hate with a passion.

Did you hear him talking about us before the Titans/Steelers game? He knew more about the Titans players than the Titans coaches probably do lol.

10. Deuce Wayne

You didn't even ATTEMPT to state a single fact. You asked questions to avoid doing just that.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E_8dv-lM4ho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shutting the obvious out of sight is not being rational.

Harris seemed to handle it just fine before.

Oh boy! He did well after 8 weeks. Wonderful. Nevermind then... the previous 7 games didn't matter.

Doing well in 2nd halves is a definite reflection of adapting in-game. How do you not know this stuff?

Yes. 1 being the Browns. One being the Jaguars.

Your point?

lmao the best thing Gray has provided the league with is the mediocre Eli Manning... what the hell has he done?

Is that what you think criticism is?... You're like my mom as a football fan. Actually, you're probably both the same type of Titans fan.

Cool. Don't condemn him after half a season. I'm not either.

However I will judge him weekly on things that he needs to change- as everyone should or else we'll have Jeff Fisher 2.0 thinking he deserves a job just because he's had it for a long time.

But then again- by your last few responses, I assume you had a boner for Jeff Fisher like no other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar