Was Jeff Fisher really the problem?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yes. And Munchak is apparently Fisher's biggest fan.

He'll suffer the same fate (hopefully much sooner) if he doesn't start coaching like it's 2011.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

Coaching was never the issue, it was the lack of game changing talent on either side of the ball.

3. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Don't blame it all on Munchak.

1. This is his first year as a head coach.
    2. Overall the Titan's roster is mediocre at best.
    3. The supposed star player (CJ) sucks.
    4. The #1 WR is on IR.
    5. The Defense lacks talent at LB and Safety.

We are 4-4. Although this is not good, it could be a lot worse. What did some of you expect? That we finish the season 12-4, win a few play-off games and go to the SB? Get realistic. I will say one thing though. The losses to the Cows and the Bungles are Munchak's fault. Obviously his players are not motivated enough to excell. That is inexcusable.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If Fisher was coaching today we would've lost 31-9...

4th and 1 - Fisher would kick it. Score would've been 6-7

14 seconds left before halftime, no timeouts - Fisher would kick it. Halftime score would've been 9-7.

Fisher was a huge problem. This current coaching staff isn't the answer, but for the love of God... be glad Fisher is gone if anything.

We didn't lose today because the coaching was horrible or the players didn't play well. We lost because we were the inferior team... and that's exactly why we lost to the Steelers and Texans.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So how did Fisher manage to win more than half his games? From 06-10 we averaged 9 wins a season with Kerry Collins and Vince Young at QB. I agree cut this coaching staff some slack but stop posting as if Fisher was the worst coach in the world.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Again any poster that says that Munchack is the same is Fisher exposes himself as ignorant. When did Fisher ever have a 4000 yard QB? Hasselbeck is on pace to do that. And when did Fisher ever have a team that was last in the nfl in rushing?

:gag:

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Yes Fisher was the problem.

Munchak got shafted at hte start of his tenure in that msot of the available coaches to build his staff with were already signed.

85% of our roster is what Fisher left in place. The O line are all Fishers guys.

We started well and have since played out as we were expected to do. We are a poor team.

I'm not impressed with Munchak. Ordinarily I'd say that that's harsh and to give the guy time. His reluctance to make changes at Center and Guard scare me though.

8. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Fisher was not the problem. The only problem with Jeff is he was too conservative in the offensive game plan. The problem stems from his superiors, Bud included. This FO refused to attach a FA market for top players to keep our defense dominant. Fisherball worked when the defense shut down people and go off the field. Bud also forced the team to draft a QB that never had the intelligence to play in the NFL. That wasted several years. Although I am excited about our future with Locker, last year we should have used our 1st pick on defense. Locker or Dalton would have been there for us in the 2nd round.

9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Bad drafting.

Pacman 1st
    LW 2nd not on the team
    Marks second not worth a second round pick.
    Chirs Henry ect.. ect.. ect...

We suck at the draft and its hurting us now we just don't have the depth or talent to win in the NFL.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see Fisher and Munch as the same coach but I am concerned Munch was all about instilling discipline, personal responsibility and a smash-mouth attitude and I see none of that right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar