Warren Moon chose No. 1 for multiple reasons

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

The Prime Numbers series on NBCSN’s Pro Football Talk started Monday with No. 1. And the best player who ever wore that number was Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon.

So why did Moon pick No. 1?

“A couple of different reasons,” Moon told Erik Kuselias. “I think, first, it was a very different number and it was something that nobody else was wearing, but I think it had more meaning to me than that. It was something that my teammates could look at on my back. Every time they looked at me as a leader on our football team, they saw the number 1, which is something that signifies a lot of different things. Hopefully, number 1 is where we want our team to finish. If you’re an individual, you want to be probably the best at your position, the same way for me, and having that number 1 on my chest or on my back meant the same thing to me. I wanted to be the best at my position so I worked towards that, and that number 1 was a constant reminder of that. So not only was it a constant reminder hopefully for me, but also for my teammates, and where we wanted our team to finish.”

Moon’s NFL teams never finished No. 1, but not because of Moon’s lack of ability or effort.

Today, the most recognizable player to wear No. 1 is Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, who led Carolina to an unlikely playoff berth in his third NFL season. As Newton thrives and younger players hope to emulate him, there could be more and more non-kickers wearing No. 1 in the NFL before too long.

[​IMG]

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I love that man

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Moon is the reason I became a fan of this team. He will always be special to me.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Only 3 posts in here huh...

Thread needs a kick start.

Best player wearing #1 today? Go.

Damian Williams
    Mike Vick
    Cam Newton
    Pat McAfee

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

$Cam Newton. Not even close.

7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Mike Vick...

Lol

8. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Dat mustache.....

I'd go for a ride on it. Only if he asked though.

#muchrespect

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

That fake smile wins everyone over.

Cam Newton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar