Warmack misses first day of camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

First round pick Chance Warmack wasn’t on the field for the first day of training camp.

The Titans and Warmack’s agent still haven’t agreed to terms on a contract. The holdup continues to center on offset language in the contract.

Offset language allows the team to save money on guaranteed portions of a contract if the player is released and signs with another team. Warmack’s deal, when finalized, will be in the four-year, $12 million range.

“Hopefully, that’ll be tomorrow and Chance will be here by the weekend,’’ Coach Mike Munchak said of when Warmack’s deal might be completed. “It’s hard enough for a rookie to come in and start, especially on an offensive line.

“We’ll have to wait and see. It’s hard to say, but if he misses two, three or four weeks or something, there’s no way he’s gonna be able to come in and help us right away.”

The Titans drafted the former Alabama guard with the 10th overall pick of the draft.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

you're a damn Guard. sign the contract. no way will you be cut in 3-4 years. if you are, you won't have to worry about a second contract...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I didn't expect this from a guy with so much class who apparently "wanted to play for Tennessee". Money is such a f*cking cancer in the world today.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Has Cooper signed yet? Because if he hasn't you guys should probably cool your jets.

5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Just sign the damn contract. I'm sure you will be fine.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I called him Andre Smith version 2.0 pre-draft. Sometimes I hate it when I'm right. :gaah:

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

wtf?

its one day, hardly all of training camp and hardly 'right'

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

We'll see.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Maybe this is actually about jersey sizes

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Chance get your butt in camp!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar