Walker climbs Titans’ TD charts for TE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

One Titans free-agent addition who’s definitely paying off is tight end Delanie Walker.

When Walker caught his fifth touchdown pass of the season last Sunday, it marked the most by a Titans tight end since Frank Wycheck’s career high six touchdown catches in 1996. It was also one more than Jared Cook, the man Walker replaced, had ever caught in a single season here.

Walker’s on pace for eight touchdown catches this year, which would match Dave Casper (1981) and Willie Frazier (1965) for the most in franchise history.

“Delanie is exactly what you want in a tight end,” Titans quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said of Walker, who had a career-best 10 catches for 91 yards and a touchdown last week.

“He doesn’t mind getting dirty and being involved in blocking linebackers and defensive ends and whatever you ask him to do. But he’s really talented in the pass game, too. He’s got great balance. I think he’s got a real understanding for the game.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

Attached Files:

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Like I said when we signed him... he's flat out better than Cook, and he costs half as much.

Levitre and Walker were #1 and #2 on my most-wanted FA players. Couldn't believe my eyes when we pulled both of them off.

However, Levitre has been a massive waste of money so far.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LOL that's pretty sad that 5 TDs is the most we've had from a TE since 96.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea, thats nothing to write home about. Walker is doing great, but its like out preforming a bunch of handicapped kids. Scaife, Troupe, Cooke, Stephens, Kinney, and Crumpler???? Not exactly world breakers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

I'm surprised ole Frank never caught more than 6 TDs in a single season... seemed like he was in the endzone more often than that.

I guess it's just due to the fact that every time he made a catch, he was basically tackled immediately. His YAC had to have been an average of 1 yard, which was mostly due to falling forward. lol Love that guy though.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

well when teams KNOW you are a power running team, you aren't going to get much underneath. Wycheck did amazing all things considered.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Well, I have hope for Levitre. Notice how every OL we have got worse when Matthews became the OL coach?

8. RavensShallBurn

Believe me... I've been the one saying that too. In fact, I was the first one who brought up the Matthews thing at the beginning of last season.

He's a problem. But firing Munch solves everything. Fire Munch... and everyone goes with him.

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

unless they fire munch only to provide Matthews with the h.c. job....since being a o line coach is the prerequisite this organization looks at

10. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Haven't you been reading all the posts about coaching lately? WHen players underperform, it's not the coaches fault. It's the players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar