Wait I thought....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Easiest way to explain it in a nut shell.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Im sure Bud got his money out of CJ before paying him. Jersey sales and other money he brought Bud after his 2k year is something Id like to see.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

flows thru NFL and I dont think the Titans are currently even in the top half of NFL sales

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

yea I was about to say......it probably isn't that much.

5. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

I'm not buying into the whole "CJ not trying" thing. I just think he has been looking too much for the homerun instead of taking whatever he can logically get. That could mean that he is more concerned about personal stats than doing what he can to help the team win, but frankly I don't really think that either. My opinion is that CJ simply has an exalted view of his own ability and he has been trying to prove he is worthy of that huge contract by taking it to the house like he did before NFL defenses figured out how to stop him. I'm sure it is difficult for him to do, but he needs to scrap that mentality and focus more on getting what is realistically possible. I thought his footwork and vision was better today as was the blocking. Then again, that could be a case where the opposing coaching staff wisely keyed in on our passing attack instead of stopping CJ.

To be fair, CJ is in a difficult position with the line he has to play behind and you know he hears all the criticism. He wouldn't be human if it didn't bother him. But he probably isn't as good as everyone made him out to be and he brought a lot of criticism on himself by getting too full of himself and acting like a douche with his holdout and Twitter/O-line comments, etc.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The only 2 things I can say in CJ's defense are the following

1. I do believe he is still trying. I dont think he took his money and folded up

2. The oline contributed just as much as CJ (and I believe more) than his 1.whatever YPC he had leading up to this game.

If we change the subject to how retarded he is, Im all over it. If we bash him for being an idiot on twitter, Im all over that too. Im just happy that someone convinced him to buy phonics or something because I can halfway understand him in interviews now, although it was fun to bash him for that too.

In fact, Im surprised at how people let him off for this already

7. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I doubt it, how many times do you see any of our players in an NFL ad?

8. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

WoW.... I havent seen this before. I had always pegged CJ for a Willie Nelson or Merle Haggard kind of guy....

9. Aquam

Aquam Rookie

Wow. If football doesn't work out. That rap careers guaranteed.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I don't know how fast CJ is now. He looked almost off balance whenever he broke out into the open field. As a RB I know that means he either isn't used to breaking through, or he's thinking too much about his running. I don't think you can judge his top end speed from yesterday. If he gets in front of somebody, then we can all judge his top end speed.

CJ really surprised me yesterday. He was pretty decisive, and repeatedly broke the 1st tackle. Instead of getting caught behind a blocker, he squirted through the line. Instead of being hesitant behind the line, he planted his foot and got up field. I was pleasantly surprised with his performance.

I don't think CJ will break 2,000 yards again but I do think he can still be an elite back in this league. It's gonna take some more big games for him to reclaim that title, but from what I saw, he can definitely return to form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar