Vy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

My point is that three out of the five you mentioned have gone through a playoff bracket against playoff teams and were able to come out of it with a super bowl ring or two. Those are the same teams VY has been so miserable against.

And VY is 5-11 against those teams(including Pitt this year). The QBs you listed are almost .500 this year combined. So there is obviously a difference.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Fisher MADE him go back in against Jacksonville, so yeah, I do think he would have left him in the game.

3. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

Those QBs also have way more experience at QB. I think that was his point. Even the best of the best struggle against the best teams.

Playoff teams don't become playoff teams by losing to non-playoff teams. The Titans are typically not playoff teams.

4. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

immaturity or good record, hmmmmm

5. TNTitan277

TNTitan277 Camp Fodder

besides Skip Bayless name one analyst who supports VY?

6. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

well the former has to be important, since everyone keeps calling T.O. a team cancer

7. SATitan

SATitan Starter

Thanks Vince for nothing, I for one am happy your mediocre over hyped arce might be out of here. We won games in spite of your immaturity and well documented poor work ethic. I figured Id post a one sided post as well you VY homer. VY is and will always be GARBAGE.

8. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

vy supporter to the end. unfortunately, labor never wins over management. too bad he did not learn that at UT.

he will be back as an nfl qb. i will likely buy his jersey.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I am proud to say, as someone who is not supporting VY in this ordeal, I DO have a VY jersey.

I do not disagree about the stats. I still think that VY has the potential to be something special. I see him at this point of his career sort of like Michael Vick was (from a character standpoint....) in 2005, although he has done nothing approaching what Vick did with the dogs.

However, I also think that Vick would have never had his "comeback" this season if he remained a Falcon, or had not gone through the ordeal (jail, bankruptcy) that he did.

After this whole ordeal, seeing VY do what he has done in this situation, I REALLY think that the only way VY progresses in his career is to leave Nashville (regardless of whether Fisher stays or goes). He needs to realize that he is not "entitled" to his position in life, and that, in order to continue to perform at a high level, he needs to work to improve both his resistance to injury and his game preparation regimen.

These nagging injuries that we have seen him get over the past couple of years will continue to hamper him, and he will continue to be befuddled by the more sophisticated defenses unless he steps up his own game. Sheer physical dominance only gets you so far, especially as you start to advance in age.

I wish the best for him, and truly hope that he grows up.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Those QB's have had many years in the league. Including the playoffs, Peyton Manning is 53-57 against winning teams over his career so far. After his first five seasons, he was 15-35. I don't really see your point. I still believe Vince's best football is ahead of him, whether he plays here or elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar