Vy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

But he just wins...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

See a difference? And Jay Cutler is a b####.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You do realise points 1 and 2 make point 3 redundant right?

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Wilcots has saw more Titans games than anyone not on the Titans or a fan. He is probably the only sports writer, other than PK, who could even give an informed opinion.

Reason being Wilcots is always stuck on the scrub announcer team and they always get the Titans games.

5. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

1. Young almost retired after winning the rookie of the year. Yeah, that sounds pretty tough. It was after his rookie season that he contemplated retiring. And retiring is very different than quitting. If he no longer enjoyed playing football then why should we fault the guy for wanting to walk away?

2. Adam Schefter reported it so we are supposed to take that as truth? Schefter is a moron who throws a ton of stuff out there. The others that reported it were just following Schefter's lead. There has been no evidence of Young quitting in that game.

3. Of course I don't argue that one. It was obvious watching the game that Young refused to go back in the game. (There never has been any evidence of this type for the San Diego game...I wonder why not.) Evidently though, in your mind, a player cannot mess up at all. He quit once so that means he will never be able to mature beyond and become a better player. Man! Those are tough standards. He clearly came back more prepared to play last year and then this year.

4. I still don't see how you get that he quit on his team this year. He walked out on Fisher in a meeting. This was after Fisher wouldn't put him back in the game. I guarantee you that if Young was not quitting on the team. He wanted to play - that much was obvious.

So your 4 times quitting is really only 1 time quitting. If that is enough to dismiss a player for the rest of his career, then more power to you. I just don't see it.

(Not to say I want Young as a Titan. Both he and Fisher need to start over in other cities.)

6. Fry

wait, wait, wait. Did you just compliment suPK?

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

^Agreedw GoT, folks are bashing Wilcots because of the POV he took here and nothing else. Wilcots has always been solid and always been in the mix..

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

LOL - I hate the B'tard but he does watch all the Titans games - its his job.

9. Fry

Vince Young's words, not mine.
    "I really thought long and hard about it. There was so much going on with my family. It was crazy being an NFL quarterback. It wasn't fun anymore. All of the fun was out of it. All of the excitement was gone. All I was doing was worrying about things."

In other words, things got tough and he didn't want to do it anymore, that's his problem.

Like I said, take it for what you will.

It supposedly happened during halftime.

He quit one way or another. He yelled at his coach, said I'm quitting on you, then ran out of the locker room. Is that the way the leader of your team is supposed to act? What would you think if that happened in front of you. I would have very little respect for a guy who did that.

My four times is four times. Whether you believe they took place is up to you. The only one I would question is the Chargers game. The other three are pretty obvious.

"The best thing you can bring to a team is your availability."-- Brett Favre. When your team knows you'll be there every week they know they can count on you. Quitting three or four times is no way to project that to the team you're supposed to be leading.

I wouldn't argue against that. If someone put a gun to my head and made me pick one though, it's an easy choice and it isn't VY.

10. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

Not really, but if you want to think so then by all means have at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar