Vy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Since it could be the beginning of the end for Vince Young in Nashville. I figured I'd put some things out there that you might not know about him as a quarterback...

-Vince Young's record through his first 47 starts is 30-17. Steve McNairs was 26-21.

-Vince Young hasn't quarterbacked a losing team since pop warner, and even that can't be confirmed.

-Vince Young's shortened season finished with the 5th best QB rating in the NFL

-In 2009 Vince Young had the 5th best Win probability added and Extra points added, behind only Schaub, Brees, Manning, and Rivers. He also had the 2nd best WPA and EPA ratio in the entire league.

-Jeff Fishers win percent .538 is worse than Vince Young's .638 and 14 active head coaches who coached a game last season.

-Jeff Fisher is 117-109 without Vince Young's wins/losses.

-VY is undefeated against the houston texans and has an 11-5 record against our division in his career.

Theres a long list of interesting stats on VY. If his time really is up in Tennessee, then we should thank him for whatever memories he's leaving with us.

-21 point Giants comeback

-Speech at Steve's funeral

-Bironas 60 yarder to beat the colts

-OT run vs Houston

-Taking McNair's kids to the parent breakfast

-1st playoff berth since Mac9

-99 yard drive

-Telling fisher to eff off

It's been a long bumpy ride. If in fact it is over, you all know I've been one of the biggest VY supporters and I can't say I regret the last 5 years. I would of wanted them to end differently no doubt.

Thanks Vince!

• High Five High Five x 8
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

And what was VY's record vs .500+ teams again?

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I wasn't buying the VY hype when he got drafted, and remained leery of him... I couldn't tell how much of the drama was real or media-created.... but I was liking the turnaround I was seeing after Mc9 passed away. Dunno what'll happen, but yeah, thanks for the good parts.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

About the same as Fisher and KFC's, I think.

5. murrykline

murrykline Starter

What about games that were crucial to win ? Not just games when we were already out of it.

Wait...maybe I should ask how many of those games he actually tried to freaking QUIT?

Ever try to quit, be told to get the hell back in there, and then all of a sudden get an "injury" to get out of the game?

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

So it isn't "greatness" then...

7. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

Wow....

Why should we thank him for Bironas having the leg to kick it 60 yards?

Why should we thank him for a speech at Steve's funeral or doing something nice for Steve's kids?

And why should we thank him for being immature and throwing a temper tantrum when he is supposed to be a leader?

8. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

if i dont recall both of last years pivotal games (colts, chargers) were blowouts...not saying im not gonna miss watching vince, but its time to move on

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

One team Jeff Fisher has never beat. The other team was Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Great way to evaluate a players potential.

10. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

Aside from asking Vince to win out down the stretch (which is ridiculous imo), the only time he's been allowed to play in meaningful, MUST WIN, games is in 2007 when he was struggling to become a pocket passer and had not nearly matured to the point he is now.

Kind of unfair don't you think.

Let's put the same question to Fisher though. When has Fisher COACHED this team to a win in a game when it matters? I mean, surely somtime in the last decade, this 16 year veteran head coach has shown his coaching prowess in a meaningful game at some point, right?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar